General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

adding oil to floor jack

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Beginning Member
gmaltese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adding oil to floor jack

hello .. i know this is not a blazer problem, but to work on my blazer i need the jack, it's a sears 3 ton jack, it only goes up half way, id like to know how to add oil to it , here is a pic of it please help thanks glen ( i hope the pic shows up)

[IMG]local://upfiles/3527/16802553567147008E4E1E996D812348.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: adding oil to floor jack

First thing I would do is power wash it and try to get some of the crap out of it. Then I would spray it with some LPS or WD40 to get the water back out and then try to lube it up some.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a cap/plug on the cylinder (in front of the handle)?

Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Beginning Member

nothing on the cylinder, just a flat head and an allen head that you can see from the pic, i dont want to unscrew any thing because it might be under pressure

Old 09-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the jack handle is twisted all the way to release, nothing should be under pressure. One cap will probably have a spring and check ball under it, the other should be the fill port.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Beginning Member

i'm going to look at the front of the handle again i was on this site and saw this http://www.hyjacks.com/H7.HTM thanks for you help.... glen

Old 09-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Beginning Member

after looking at the jack again i lowered the handle all the way down and low and behold there was a rubber stopper,just like the one in the link i posted, pulled it off and saw some oil down there, so thats it! thanks for helpping out, now i can rotate my tires on my 98 blazer 4.3l 213,000 miles and counting

Old 09-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Administrator

I could have sworn that most all jacks have a fill hole in the main body of the cylinder.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Beginning Member

jack works great now, thanks for you help