General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Air going away during accelaration

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:59 PM
napalm dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Air going away during accelaration

Brand new cap it says 16lb on it dont know if that would make a difference.I did put the fans between the rad and condenser helped alittle.
ORIGINAL: 4lowlife

Rad cap?

Old 07-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Starting Member
Aquahallic is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Aquahallic

yup I have the SAME problem on my 95 my blazer came outta Florida and that weather plays HELL on vacuum lines so I went through and replaced all of them under the hood. If you look at that vacuum schematic you'll see there's a check valve right at the main vacuum feed coming off the manifold. Mine's plugged up and I have to go get a new one so I didn't put it back (YET) I'm thinking this is my problem because that valve works in conjunction with the vacuum ball (resivour) that hangs on the underside of the hood. When you are at an idle or low speed the butterfly on the throttle body is partially closed thus the enging is trying to pull air and creating a NICE vacuum. Now you accelerate and that butterfly opens up thus feeding the engine what it wants and bringing the vacuum in the intake down so what would happen here if everything were hooked up and working properly is the check valve would close off and you'd have reserve vacuum in that resivour (ball) that would see you through until you let off the pedal and that butterly closes and you build up a good vacuum again. SOOOOOO I'd first off check those 2 components and that they are in proper working order.. then go from there if it's not resolved and start runnin' down leaks...:P

Just my 2 cents worth
Aqua

Well I'll reply here cause earlier in the post I stated I had to replace my checkvalve for vacuum.. well today I did (I had already replaced all hoses and T's) and sure enough I BELIEVE it took care of it... AND it seems my brake pedal is actin' normal again (was givin' eratic behaviour). ALSO I think there was a door not closing or opening in the A/C duct system cause I'd hear the fan ROARING and no air of any significant value comin' outta any vents in the cab. Also I believe it was causin' my evaporator to freeze up or REAL close to it cause the drier and return hose were frosted up real good and the compressor to cycle like MAD and my h/p was suffering severly prolly cause of A/C high side goin' TOO high.... but now seems like ALL of it is workin' just fine!

So in short... even though I had all the hoses and everything all sealed well and all... that little check valve... fixed a whole WHACK of stuff..... here's the best part.... 5 bux......HAHAHHAAHAHA

Figured I'd post this for others havin' this prob since I see it's all over...:P

Old 07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, congrats on the cheap fix. Definitely good information for others having similar problems.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:18 PM
napalm dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Still having problems getting alittle hot. I went to the lake today and it got above 210*