General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

blazer trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:18 PM
chucknienhuis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default blazer trailblazer

Hey couple of questions, first of all I have a 00 Blazer, trailblazer trim. Today I was sitting at a red light and had my radio off and I heard a buzzing sound, well after a few minutes of trying to pin point the sound, I found it, It was coming from a vent/speaker above my door... I popped the out side off and it looks like a vent of some sort, Does anyone know what this is for? I always thought it was a microphone of some sort for a car phone, but theres no place to plug a phone into the car so that doesnt really make any sense. Its a little bigger than 1 inch, circle, on the ceiling above the dr. side door. Just wondering if any one knows what it is...

Also I was wondering how many of the blazers they made with the trailblazer trim. They never are able to pull up that body style at the auto store and I have never seen another one like it. So just a little curios how popular they are.

Thanks

Old 11-03-2006, 08:45 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: blazer trailblazer

That is an inside air temp sensor...ONLY used with automatic electronic climate control systems. The buzzing sound is actually a tiny pulse width modulated fan that blows on the sensor. It is not supposed to make that noise but it is still working properly. I have replaced several of these for the same complaint you have with yours.....noise. If you do decide to replace it save yourself and the parts guy a lot of headache and tell him you need an "air asperator"....that's what G.M. parts operations calls it. As far as the Trailblazer package...It's imposible to get breakdowns on production figures like you can for the old cars and trucks, but the dealer I work for sold at least a dozen of these in 2001 alone so I'd say they aren't extremely rare. The comperable GMC Jimmy is very sweet too it's called a Diamond Edition...had diamond pleated seats and door panels, power folding side mirrors, special titanium colored door and rocker trim and bumpers and a very cool front push-bar with fog-lights!