General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Bleed screw sizes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Fault Bucket is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bleed screw sizes?

Hey all...first post here.

My mother-in-law has a '98 Blazer 4x4 that I've assumed maintenance responsibilities for (she just moved nearby). This thing hasn't had what I would call good regular maintenance, so I'm working to get it back into tip-top shape. The first job I'm working on is the brakes. The fluid was absolutely black. I've done one round of flushing/bleeding already which made a big difference in pedal feel. I'm going to flush/bleed the system several more times over the next few months to get all the crap cleared out (MC resevoiur has residue and sediment that is still coming out). I was hoping to get a set of speedbleeders (http://www.speedbleeder.com), but they don't list sizes for the '98+ Blazer.

Has anyone used these on their Blazer? I have them on my other cars and they're just great. I need to know the right sizes for the bleed screws. If anyone knows the size/pitch I can buy based on that. The site shows that most Chevy/GMC front brakes use the SB1015 (10mmx1.5mm pitch), so I may just order a set of those for the front with hopes that they are the right size. They're cheap enough.

Thanks in advance!

-chris

Old 07-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Bleed screw sizes?

I have been really considering buying a set of speedbleeders. As far as sizes... Well... Advanced Auto's website states that the front are 10mm-1.5. I'm not sure what the rears are... It would depend on if you have rear disk or drum. I should have paid attention to the bleeder when I re-did my rear brakes last week, but I do not think they are the same as the fronts.