General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do I get at front center upper plenum bolt

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned
Blasir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How do I get at front center upper plenum bolt

Update Sunday 9/3/06:

Located and removed 10th bolt and pryed plenum off. Gasket was really on there from 11 years of heat. Got my regulator from Auto Zone this morning. Passenger side of plenum was completely carbon free which by all accounts meant leaking fuel spray from rear of regulator. I didn't want to move the injectors themselves so was a little tricky getting the 2 screws out to replace the regulator. It pops out and new one pops in with an Oring seal and retainer. Put it all back together and turned the key on and off several times to fill the fuel lines and fired right up and smooth as a kitten. Have a nice smooth idle and all my power back...PLUS.
I have achieved a savings of I figure well over $700 by doing this proceedure myself. I may consider a newer Blazer at 400K miles, 80K to go.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3629/B7BC0EA499CB45098B0CFE1537D7C629.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3629/5AC0E5623DC348A38E9EC6C720209C76.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:22 PM
mandi is an unknown quantity at this point

I AM SOOO HAPPY!!!!!! My blazer was taken apart today and the spider is nice and dirty!!! No gas leaks. However in our adventure to the spider we found 2 bolts on top of the intake that were extremly loose! So I really hope this fixes my MISFIRE code....well see. Thanks for all the help and knowledge.
Mandi

Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 PM

SES light is back on. Where else should I look for this problem? I only had 40 miles down and the light came back on. Any ideas would be great.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:33 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mandi:

Check for the following conditions:

[ul][*] Check the Ignition Control circuit for an intermittent short to ground.
Check the spark plug wires and the coil wire for the following conditions:
Ensure that the spark plug wires are securely attached to the spark plugs and the distributor cap. [*]Check the wire routing in order to ensure that crossfiring is not occurring.
If the misfire occurs when the weather is damp, the problem could be due to worn plug wires. [*]Check for contaminated fuel or a low fuel level and the following conditions: [*]Check the fuel condition and quality. Dirty or contaminated fuel could cause a misfire condition.
If the fuel level is low, the fuel pump may draw air into the fuel rail, causing a stumble and possible misfire condition. [*]Check the fuel trim numbers in the freeze frame to determine if this has occurred. It would be likely if the short term fuel number was above +20. [*]A restricted fuel filter can also cause a misfire.
Sticking intake or exhaust valves on engines with a misfire when cold. [*]Check HO2S for abnormal voltage readings. [*]Check for a vacuum leak, as a possible cause of the engine misfire.
[/ul]
An intermittent condition may be caused by any of the following conditions:
[ul][*]A poor connection [*]Rubbed through wire insulation [*]A broken wire inside the insulation
[/ul]

There also many items to list in one post that this should get you started hopefully on the path to solving your problem...like the EGR. Also an inexpensive procedure is to use SEAFOAM to remove carbon in the intake manifold. If that don't work, check the EGR valve and passage for blockage...

Good Luck intermittent problems are the hardest to fix...since they don't show up all the time.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:11 PM

20blazer...thank you for the suggestions. I must say most of the suggestions we haven't tried. Hopfully ill get somewhere!!