General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

noise while braking

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:59 PM
cool2drblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default noise while braking

You know that noise that the brakes make when they are not fully engaged or grabbing the rotor and the car inches forward making kida of a grinding noise. Recenlty my 95 blazer 2 door 4wd brakes have been making that noise ever time i make a complete stop no matter how fast or slow i come to a stop and they make it the noise when i release the brake same no matter nhow fast or slow. this doesn't seem normal since it hasn't done it for the past year i have owned it just wonering what could be wrong if anything.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:52 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: noise while braking

ORIGINAL: cool2drblazer

You know that noise that the brakes make when they are not fully engaged or grabbing the rotor and the car inches forward making kida of a grinding noise. Recenlty my 95 blazer 2 door 4wd brakes have been making that noise ever time i make a complete stop no matter how fast or slow i come to a stop and they make it the noise when i release the brake same no matter nhow fast or slow. this doesn't seem normal since it hasn't done it for the past year i have owned it just wonering what could be wrong if anything.
When did you last check your brake pads. I would have a look at the brake pads and the inner and outer surface of the rotors. Maybe you have a worn out pad or pads. Be sure to check all the pads, not just the outer ones. If you have a sticking caliper, you might olny be wearing one pad out. I would remove the calipers to inspect for rocks and wear. I would also check that the calipers slide easily on the mounting bolts.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:31 AM
cool2drblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

could the problem be that when i brought it into a dealership becase the left braks shoe was cracked they only replaced the left side and did nothing with the right side. would thatt causes problems like this or not.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I would never replace brake shoes on one side only. I replace a complete set. I figure if they crack on one side that the other side was probably maufactured in the same batch and could also be a problem.