General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

opening my tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:16 PM
racoffey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default opening my tailgate

is it still a tailgate on an suv??

anyway, i need to open the rear window and tailgate on my 97 chevy blazer. how can i do this.. the window won't open. i can hear the latch trying to work but something inside is broken or has come lose. if i know what the inside looked like it would be a big help.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: opening my tailgate

Search is your friend...

Faulty Rear Hatch

Old 08-20-2006, 06:45 PM
racoffey is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, that helped. i now have my rear hatch open. when you run into the next person with this prollem, let them know they are aiming for the lever directly above the yellow arrow on step #3 and the access hole is the square hole directly under the arrow. now, all i have to do is replace the broken part and i have a functioning rear hatch again.

thanks

Old 08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the site.

is it still a tailgate on an suv
These were available with either a tailgate or a liftgate. That's pretty self-explainatory, but the tailgate (from the sound of things..........what you have) you have to open the glass first and the gate folds down. The liftgate you can open either the glass or the gate and they both open in the Upward position. You can tell the diference right off by the outside handle in the middle of the liftgate, tailgates don't have them. (see the post I started today titled recent pictures)

Old 08-24-2006, 05:04 PM
mwjungaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you finding the pictures showing how to open the window above your tailgate?
ORIGINAL: racoffey

thanks, that helped. i now have my rear hatch open. when you run into the next person with this prollem, let them know they are aiming for the lever directly above the yellow arrow on step #3 and the access hole is the square hole directly under the arrow. now, all i have to do is replace the broken part and i have a functioning rear hatch again.

thanks