General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Rear window wont open :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Starting Member
mojoman13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear window wont open :(

for some reason, when i push the button on the dash of my 86 blazer MOST of the time the rear window wont open. i say "most" because every once in a while it will randomly work. ive pushed it about 1000 times one day, then the next day it works on the first try. i was wondering wat the problem was. it might be the relay but if it is, how do i go about fixing it?

Old 08-25-2006, 02:59 AM
Starting Member
mojoman13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Rear window wont open :(

k so for a bit more info for this. the window is not jammed because it opens once in a while. and another thing is that there is no noise when i hit the button as if it were not even trying to open the window. hope this helps u guys figure out wats wrong cause it has me puzzled! and it sucks i cant open the window with a key because i had the locks changed a while back when it got stolen and i forgot to change the back lock lol.
poor me i guess hehe

Old 08-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Rear window wont open :(

Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. Won't be a relay or fuse because once they're gone, they're gone. They don't come back. I'd look at trying to put a different switch in. See if you can hot-wire it at the connector to the switch and see what happens.