General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Torsion bar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Torsion bar?

Hey all! Since you have been so helpful in the past I have a new problem for you...Recently acquired a noise around the passenger side front tire, only when making a left turn. Sounds sort of like a rat-a-tat-tat, metal on metal. Very loud!! Just had the brakes redone, and new ball joints on the passengers side (they were bad). From checking past posts I (and my mechanic) we are wondering about the torsion bar mounts? Any ideas guys....you haven't let me down yet!!

Old 11-07-2006, 04:43 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Torsion bar?

Maybe a C/V joint in your right front axle?

Old 11-07-2006, 10:04 AM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

i too had a rattling noise which i thought was coming from my front end and only on turning to one side. turned out that my torsion bar mount was craked in half and the only way i figured that out was by pushing up on the back end of the bar. plus there is a remodeled mount that makes installation a lot easier then if it was stock. yet dont rule out chevylovers cv joint idea, could very well be that, its just i had the same thing happen with my torsion bar. the mount was 13.00 and took all about 20 min to change.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help, my CV joint was checked and was found to be okay, so now I'm going to check on the torsion bar mount. Just a question...if I need to replace the one on the passengers side, should I do the one on the driver's side also? Will it create a problem if I only do one?

Old 11-07-2006, 07:52 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldn't think it would cause any problems, as long as both bars are secure. mine was also the passenger side mount that went. must be all those fat asses with out cars i tool around. remember u need to get the mount with out the threaded pin, it has inverted threads and they supply the bolts to adapt. it'll save you a headache on install. good luck