General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Vent Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Vent Help

ORIGINAL: FemmeVamp

No, those were the lines I looked at & they seemed fine....the defrost & floor vents working is good enough, I just can't stand to have something not working....like my back windshield wiper needs a new motor and that annoys me lol but I can't afford to do anything to it right now so I'll have to deal with it lol

Have you checked amazon or eBay? I find alot of stuff cheap on there.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 PM
FemmeVamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, it wouldn't matter lol I have zero dollars....I have 2 kids and that take all the money I get, unless it's a major vehicle emergency, it's a no-can-do lol

Old 10-27-2006, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: FemmeVamp

Nah, it wouldn't matter lol I have zero dollars....I have 2 kids and that take all the money I get, unless it's a major vehicle emergency, it's a no-can-do lol

Tell em to start chippin in or find a new source of food. Worked for my dad, Had my first job when I was 14. Oh, the vacuum lines are dirt cheap to replace and requires little to no brain cells to do. I replaced all mine for under 10 bucks. I think its under a buck or two a foot.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:29 AM
FemmeVamp is an unknown quantity at this point

lol my kids are 6 years old and 3 months old lol not quite ready for jobs just yet lol as far as I can see the hoses and everything look ok....I dunno what the prob is, oh well lol

Old 10-27-2006, 01:34 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

lastcoupe nailed the problem on the head.

Look for the vacuum line on the back side of the intake manifold. This is where the vacuum comes from. Look on the passengers side, next to teh distriburator. It will split and go to the t-case, to the black ball, and to the dash via a hole in teh firewall in the middle somewhere. If you have a leak in any of those vacuum hoses, your vents wont work, your 4x4 wont engage the front axle, you may have performance issues (like a poor running engine). If your truck is in the shop for poor performance, hestitation, etc. They may just fix your vent problem too.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

lastcoupe nailed the problem on the head.

Look for the vacuum line on the back side of the intake manifold. This is where the vacuum comes from. Look on the passengers side, next to teh distriburator. It will split and go to the t-case, to the black ball, and to the dash via a hole in teh firewall in the middle somewhere. If you have a leak in any of those vacuum hoses, your vents wont work, your 4x4 wont engage the front axle, you may have performance issues (like a poor running engine). If your truck is in the shop for poor performance, hestitation, etc. They may just fix your vent problem too.
If that is the case, will removing that vacuum system including lines work? I am chaning to the twist lock for the 4x4, but If i can get rid of all the crap Id rather do that then just disconnect and leave in place.

How exactly do you replace that dash line? R&R the dash cap?