Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Budget ebay CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM
kennybopaloo is on a distinguished road

what if i wrap it up with aluminum foil , would that help ????????

Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Beginning Member
Lumpo is on a distinguished road

So are the gains really worth all the hassle of adding a CAI or should i just drop in a K&N?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'd say just do the drop in K&N

Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

K&N advertises about 7HP difference. I'm not saying that's true, but I think there is a slight difference.

Is it expensive? yes. Will lots of small mods start to add up to notice an increase in performance? probably. So this is one place to start.

Shop ebay for both new and used. Check amazon and some of the smaller parts shops online--you can probably find a deal.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

x2 on everything Oktain has said. I have not noticed much of a HP increase, however there is an MPG increase. I'm gettign ready to switch my cone filter to a k&n though. Cool soun, looks nice, better MPGs. 3 out of 4 isn't bad. I'd do this mod again if I had to start from scratch. Build a heatshield though, or if you dont want to/can't, then get the part # off the install instructions from k&n for the heatshield in their kit, and they'll sell you just that for I believe $40 + shipping if you call.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

I bought a CAI off of ebay about two years ago. It has worked fine for me, I just built a heat shield for it and replaced the filter with a spectre filter.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:18 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

im running a spectre 3in cone filter, (had from my cavalier) and just put it on my stock rubber housing, picked up 2-3 mpg, and addded noise =) i noticed a slight difference in power, its pretty much a short ram,

Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Beginning Member
Lumpo is on a distinguished road

So all you did was take your stock airbox off and put a cone filter where the box was?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

That's what it sounds like.... Most actually buy the fancy chrome tubes off ebay and swap in a K&N and build a heatshield...

Quick Reply: Budget ebay CAI?