Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Budget Performance Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 03:18 AM
Beginning Member
Superpoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Budget Performance Upgrade

don't know if it'll mean anything to you, but, i just put a volant cai on my 99, i'll get my dynomax exhaust put on this weekend and finish the truck up later with headers, y-pipe and high flow cat. i'm also gonna score an electric fan setup then get my computer tuned. i talked with bryan from pcmforless and he says he can get some decent hp and mpg gains. plus, he bases his tunes off the mods you have. he's currently hooking me up with a tune for my 94 Z28 so i'll be able to give a better opinion on his work soon. just food for thought. i guess my point is, get the mods you want on the truck then get the tune. as far as part selection, everyone will have different opinions on the part you are thinking about getting. go with what you think will best benefit your ride.

Superpoo

Old 07-09-2008 | 10:13 PM
Starting Member
travisrussell88 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, i'm new here, and i have a 1998 blazer ls 4 door, it's got torque, but i want something unique, something i can take to shows and such, it does have a 4.3l v6, which is a 5.7l v8 with 2 cylinders missing, i was wondering what upgrades, other than intake and exhaust, i could do to make my truck unique and more powerful, i'm thinking a cam from gm perfromance parts, i want around 300hp and 300-400ft.lbs. torque, but i dont have all that much money to spend, any suggestions?

Old 07-10-2008 | 07:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Travis, I'm going to have to suggest that you create a new thread after you search around a bit... This thread is a bit long in the tooth (almost 2 years old...). There are a few articles that have been linked to in other threads pertaining to performance builds of the 4.3L v6.