Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust, and expectations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Exhaust, and expectations?

So I was thinking the other day when changing my oil... my muffler looks rather huge..... Would it be an idea to run a cherry bomb extreme with turn downs right where the muffler sits... I know it would be kinda cheap, and it makes the new camaro sound like a Godly car... I was just curious.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydad22YYTDU

Last edited by wlorton; 08-03-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:43 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you end your exhaust right under the body not only would it be ungodly loud inside with Cherry Bombs, but most places would not pass inspection due to the exhaust not exiting outside the 'passenger area'.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rriddle3
If you end your exhaust right under the body not only would it be ungodly loud inside with Cherry Bombs, but most places would not pass inspection due to the exhaust not exiting outside the 'passenger area'.
Ok... As far as I am aware... we have no inspections here in IL... lol

Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

I want a new Camaro so bad. I swear, I'd join the mob for two. One for "da business" and one for "da ladies" haha.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:20 AM
mykeboy01 is on a distinguished road

...keep in mind, YOU HAVE A V6! Your blazer will sound badass, but not godly. I have a magnaflow w/ magnaflow hi-flow cat on my 2002...sounds pretty pimp, but it still sounds like a V6. My 1998 had a Flowmaster (previous owner), but it was too obnoxious (and rusted off after two years!). My friend had a cherrybomb set put on his crown victoria, and he took pride in going through parking lots, setting off alarms; But, i digress

Magnaflows are known for being loud when flooring it, and pretty tame otherwise. My blazer doesn't have much sound insulation, and my magnaflow is tolerable at best. Definitly not what I expected, but it is still better than what I had. You are planning on exiting the pipe right by the rear passenger door...why would you want to go deaf?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

Run a Thrush Welded muffler and get a new 2.5" tailpipe for it, run 2.5" all the way out instead of 2.25", it'll be louder and deeper with larger piping. With it exiting in the stock location it won't be loud inside either.