Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Headers & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:40 AM
TwilightEpitaph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Headers & Exhaust

Ok I just got my CAI installed and it feels and sounds great. Im still looking for a way to gain hp and gas mileage tho. I was thinking that exhaust and headers are the way to go at this point so i was just wondering what my options are if i have any. I have a 96 blazer 2wd. I plan on ordering a MSD ignition system so that should give me a bit more. Seems like there are better options for the 4wd but 2 is what i am stuck with for now. I was checking out some sites but most of it is for the 4wd. Also i noticed the throttle body spacers, do those really work? and i was thinking about a high flow mass air sensor. All feedback will be very apreciated.
Thanks.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:04 PM
BlazerLT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Headers & Exhaust

headers on a v6 is such a waste of your money and time. the true way to get more power is get a v8. and with the CAI, it works a hell of alot better with a new muffler then your stock one. the stock one restricts so much air. change that asap.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
shifty is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah when i put my intake on i didnt feel much difference, just a sound difference. when i put my gibson exhaust and a high flow cat i could really feel the difference compared to stock and with the intake

Old 09-07-2005, 01:28 PM
haya812 is an unknown quantity at this point

hay shifty did you notice your gas milage go up or down when you pu ou the high flow cat and muffler.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 AM
the_mind is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know where i can get a dual exhaust for my 98' blazer? im looking for horsepower too...

and to haya812: go to Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts and pick up a "Tornado Air"....it is like 60 bucks or so and really helps with gas mileage....i dont got it but i heard its really good.

Tornado Air

Old 09-09-2005, 02:41 AM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

CAI make a difference as for headers on a v6 being a waste of time and money thats not necessarily true... at this point with just the intake on yes it wouldnt be very cost effective but if you are going to do other mods to increase hp then it would be effective... in my opinion throttle body spacers really wouldnt make any dif on the 4.3 and as fas as the high flow MAF, i have heard they dont work for **** the people that i know that put them on said it was a waste of money didnt feel any gain...