Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

looking for a better tone (40 series)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006 | 09:16 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: looking for a better tone (40 series)

as our fearless mod says, that the muffler is too far back in the exhaust system to increase flow, hence, no change in your mpg, alls youll get is sound.

Old 11-27-2006 | 10:13 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

DetroitMuscle Date 11/27/2006 6:13:37 AM
I dont like flowcrappers, had em on high hp cars and glasspacks have performeed better, with the delta flow you will get a whistle for a while till you "break" it in. the 40 series id only use on a muscle car or at the track, they are loud.

The best ive heard for full systems are dynomax and magnaflows, but if you dont want a muffler put a turn down on the intermediate pipe instead, it actually is the best sound you will get out of the 4.3 and its quieter then those junk flowmasters.
as I have said before.... we are talking about blazers not high HP cars.....and if you refer to them as flowcrappers, then why would you use them at the track or on a muscle car?????!!!!!???? I do agree that they do not flow as well as glasspacks or the dynomax muffler...... but I dont believe he is looking for performance....... as for gas mileage.... maybe 1mpg..... if that.... the original 40 creates alot of interior resonance in these trucks......... they are not all that loud though...... to be honest with you, I had a flowmaster on a 2.5L ranger that was louder than my blazer..lol its a matter of choice... I hear the dynomax super turbo mufflers sound pretty good on these trucks, and you can get the complete cat-back system for a 4 door for about the same it will cost you to get the flowmaster welded on...... DO NOT PUT A CHERRY BOMB OR STRAIGHT THROUGH GLASSPACK ON YOUR BLAZER!!!!!!!! unless you want it to sound like someone farting on a snare drum...lol glasspacked mufflers dont last very long... they tend to blow out the fiberglass packing and then they rattle and have to be repacked or replaced....

Old 11-27-2006 | 10:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Geez! Give it a rest!!! Quit it already!

Old 11-27-2006 | 10:40 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

sorry... it just gets to me..... first my tires suck (different thread)... then my muffler..... wow.... i must be an idiot..... ill just drive the POS off a cliff.. hahaha I just wish people could criticize tastefully.... I will, when everyone else does too...

This ought to help everyone out in the future........
Constructive Criticism: criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions

and

Respect: to show regard or consideration for; to refrain from intruding upon or interfering with

please please please...... I will start being more careful with what I say..... I just beg everyone to do this, then we won't end up offending as many people.... almost every post I have read for the past month has had at least one argument in it due to people (including me) posting before thinking..... lets all just try to refrain from bashing other people stuff.... just offer positive, constructive, and repectful criticisms.....

Old 11-28-2006 | 12:10 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

my opinions since ive owned that parts before, was never directed at you at all. I did use them on a muscle car for track purposes, got rid of em after the first weekend is all. They actually do have to do with flow, talk to f body guys that are serious about the performance and dynotune.

Its all first hand experience with the stuff, I wouldnt comment otherwise.

I wish I could give good reviews on all the parts ive used over the years, it just isnt going to happen with em all. Everyone has their own opinions on things both good and bad.

Old 11-28-2006 | 12:21 AM

sorry man... in case you havent noticed, I have a tendency to overreact.... my bad dude...lol

Old 11-28-2006 | 05:36 PM
TheGuardian08 is an unknown quantity at this point

well if i shouldnt use a 40 then what should i use?

Old 11-28-2006 | 05:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In the end, it's up to you and what you like. If you like the sound of a Flowmaster 40, then get it.

Honestly, I have Dynomax mufflers (not glasspacks) on my Chevelle and I LOVE the tone! I had glasspacks before the regular mufflers and I don't feel that the mufflers hurt performance one bit. One thing is for sure, the exhaust sounds MUCH better with the mufflers than with the glasspacks.

But then again, I don't like to be obnoxious. The Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers are the right kind of tone for me and not the least bit raspy like glasspacks (to me). When it comes time to do the exhaust on my Bravada (sometime soon), I will most likely go with a Dynomax muffler, just cutting out the stock muffler and splicing in the replacement.

I have also heard a 4.3L (in a fullsize truck) with a 40 series and I do think it sounded nice, but a bit too loud for me.

So to reiterate, it's your choice man. No one can tell you how you'll like it... They can only speak for themselves.

Old 11-28-2006 | 07:41 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

>.>

My tone is 47hz

Old 11-28-2006 | 10:10 PM

i'm sure someone has a clip of the dynomax super turbo..... i have heard it on a sonoma 4.3 single in single out and it sounds pretty good... if noone else can get you a clip, ill see if I can record my friends sonoma for you....

HERE YA GO!!!! I did a little bit of poking around and found a sound clip of an s-10 pickup 4.3L with the dynomax super turbo cat-back system on it.....
go here....
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showth...=217875&page=5

scroll down to the user juddspaintballs.... click his link... it wont let me move it to this site....

damn... I might just swap my flomaster for a dynomax cat-back...lol