Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:32 PM
KurtDCobain4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O2 sensor

I have seen 02 sensor overrides that plug into where the sensor plugs in at and gives it readings so ur check engine light doesnt turn on. because i want to punch out my cat and need one for after cat sensor

Old 10-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: O2 sensor

Ok, first off, you will gain very little, if anything by gutting your cat. If you really don't like it on there, cut it out and put in a straight pipe in its place. Many of the aftermarket, high flow performance cats flow more than enough for today's engines, even heavily modified. To run without a catalytic converter is just irresponsible. Not to mention the legal implications if you are caught. There is a $500 government reward for turning in someone that has gutted or removed their catalytic converter from any car that was originally equiped with one and if caught, it is a federal crime, not just a fix it ticket or slap on the wrist. You can guarantee that you will be prosecuted to the fullest intent of the law.

If you must, O2 sensor simulators are available from many online retailers at a cost of $30-40 depending on the supplier. If you decide to go with the a performance cat to replace your stocker, an O2 sim may be necessary depending on how stringent the programming is in your PCM, but that can be determined once the cat is installed.

At this point, I would HIGHLY suggest purchasing an aftermarket, performance catalytic converter. Magnaflow (Catco) makes a very nice unit for around $30-40 that will more than meet your flow needs and still protect the environment.

Old 11-26-2005, 02:17 PM
GreenT is an unknown quantity at this point

Catco cats are plain junk. I have used them before and they are not worth $10. Anybody have a link to a site for 02 simms?

Old 11-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I know MANY people that are running Catco cats without issues.

Simms can be purchased from many online retailers... I know of IntenseRacing.com, but I don't know those will work with a blazer...

Old 11-26-2005, 09:18 PM
GreenT is an unknown quantity at this point

I also know MANY people including myself that have had issues with Catco cats. I as well as a bunch of guys I know of that ran them had to run simms b/c they would not clean enough to satisfy the ECU. They also will not pass a sniffer test. Random makes much better cats.

Old 11-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Were your troubles due to the fact that they wouldn't pass a sniffer and/or the need for a sim? If so, then I do know that many people that run them also run the sims. But none of the people that I know running them have sniffer tests where they live. Just about all of their vehicles are highly modified (350 to 450+ Series 2 3800 S/C) so I doubt that they would have passed with the factory cat anyway.