Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Power Programmers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 02:05 PM
|
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Power Programmers?

Okay guyz, i am new to this forum but have been a longtime viewer for a while, so forgive me if I am asking a repetitive question. I am glad to finally be a member!

I have a 2005 Blazer w/5-Speed& 3.42 axel, a K&N 63 Series CAI w/AEM Dryflow filter and a Granatelli MAF & Magnaflow Muffler w/2.5 inch tailpipe. My question is this. I just got my tax refund and have approx $300 to spend. Do you guys reccommend a power programmer given the mods I have with a 5-speed? This car is my daily driver and has 20k miles on it.

If a programmer is reccommended, which brand do you guyz prefer, Hypertech III or Jet? All and any advice is appreciated!

Old 03-25-2007 | 05:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Power Programmers?

You'll get a slight increase in performance from a handheld programmer and the nice thing is that you can remove the programming if you like. A custom tune would be better with the best being a custom dyno tune to make the most of what is there. However, I would only recommend a dyno tune after you have done quite a bit to the engine to warrant it (ie. intake, headers, exhaust, cam, etc).

Old 03-28-2007 | 02:00 PM
|
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW! only one person has a reply for me! Can't anyone give me a little personal experience insight on the Hypertech and Jet Power Programmers or Diablo?

Also, does anyone know of a manufacturer that will sell just the tailpipe from muffler, over the axel, side exit for a 2Dr 2WD Blazer?
thanks

Thanks for your input swartlkk!

Old 03-29-2007 | 04:41 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

I have the Hypertech PP3. Not too much gains in HP but I got it to recalculate the speedometer and whatnot for my 31s.Anothernice thing about it is you can alter shift points and shift firmness which as a big plus. But the question is: do you wanna spend $300 or so for it? Ebay is your best bet to get a cheaper one. As for the other programmers, I have no idea.

Old 03-29-2007 | 10:41 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a program similar to the LS1 Edit or EFI live programs for the 4.3Ls? If there is thats the route I would go if I was going to mod it (Blazer) heavly.

Old 03-29-2007 | 05:45 PM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

tuner cat makes one for the blazers but i dont think his year (they are sold through jet now, at least the ver. for the blazers) hp tuners has one two for the newer models i would check them, i think its only like $400 for the whole shabang, but it is much more advanced and you have to know what your doing so if you want something simple go with the handheld units, if you want full control and are willing/able to learn how to run the program, use it.