Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

throttle body spacer

Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
95lsblazer is on a distinguished road
Default throttle body spacer

so ive been looking for more ways to free up some mileage and power. i ended up finding throttle body spacers, i get the concept and i like the price but do they work?

and if so on my 95 blazer would it have dual air cleaner studs(where would i find these?) apparently on jegs there is 2 different ones for the 4.3 for my year

Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Administrator
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Save your money. On these engines (especially '95 and later) it won't gain a thing for you.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:11 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
Save your money. On these engines (especially '95 and later) it won't gain a thing for you.
I thought it was '96 and later? when GM went to TBI

Old 03-12-2012, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

On tbi engines it helps,on cpi and later on models they are pointless.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

IMO the only way a throttle body spacer is of use is with A: forced air injection & B: having the heads ported & polished.
NA -Naturally Aspirated engines with stock heads & or cam won't benefit much if at all.
There has been lots of talk about this in the Search feature.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 AM
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I just put on an Airaid TBS last week with a new Volant CAI and removed my throttle body and cleaned it really well. My honest opinion is that I will probably be taking it off sooner than later. The only reason I even bought it was because I got it for $5 brand new in the box. What I have seen from it so far is a really annoying whistle any time you accelerate (which they claim is "how you know its working") and a higher idle rpm for the first 2-3 seconds when you stop, start it, or put it in park. I will say my acceleration is smoother but thats probably due to the clean throttle body. There was minimal power gain to speak of. I will probably give it another few weeks just so that I can attempt to average out the mpg's before I take it off but I think what little mileage I might gain will be more from a clean throttle body and a little more air from the intake. The best way to get the most mileage out of a blazer is to give it a really good tune up and then change the way you drive. Just my 2cents!!