Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

V-force muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default V-force muffler

got a v force muffler put on yesterday, its identical to the flowmaster 40.
problem is on take of at low rpm i get this ratteling sound now but i goes away at close to 2k rpm. it dosent really sound like metal to metal ratteling........it kinda sounds like a little dirt bike and then it goes away when i reach the rpm. could this be the fault of a hole in the weld or something to do with the install, or is it just how its supposed to sound?

fyi i saw side by side pics of the v force and the 40 series and they do look identical

Old 09-10-2006, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
Default RE: V-force muffler

bump

come on guys, help a brother out [8D]

Old 09-10-2006, 02:37 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: blazinloud
fyi i saw side by side pics of the v force and the 40 series and they do look identical
they may look identical but its how the inner chambers are worked is the important thing. As far as your rattle...who put it on? was it you or a shop? if it was a shop take it back and have them look it over

Old 09-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would demand that they put another muffler on and see if it goes away. You paid for that right.

Is the tip a weld on or clamp/bolt on? If it's a clamp/bolt on, try taking it off and see how it sounds.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
BF Veteran

Ok tire and muffler put it on. The seems are welded, but the welds look quite sloppy.
The first day they put it on it sounded absolutly horrible at take off, but then the 'ratteling' would go away once i was over say....13-1400 rpm. Its been about a week and the ratteling has gone away some-what, well enough not to drive me insane

also what else can i do to the exhaust at a reasonable price?

Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 PM
BF Veteran

bump! Well my mechanic says my cat is shot, i take it they're capable of ratteling?
Would it be worth it to put an aftermarket, high flow on, or should i just stick with stock.

If I go aftermarket, are there any online site that sell them?(other than e-bay)

thnx
-Adam

Old 09-19-2006, 07:09 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as a cat goes yes that could cause the rattleing. The catalyst can break apart and get stuck in the muffler and rattle. I say ditch the stock one since you need a new one go with an aftermarket hi flow I know summitracing.com sells them.