Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch lift???WHO WANTS HIGH ANGLE CV AXLES

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Location: Eternia in the winter and Metropolis in the summer.
burningsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 inch lift???WHO WANTS HIGH ANGLE CV AXLES

Who would buy CV AXLES that would allow us to use all of our suspension travel? Is your Answer?, YES. Well, your in luck!! I am having axles made for me as a R and D process for a company that will manufacture what we need to use all of that travel the 2 inch kits make possible ,,, So NO LONGER do we HAVE to settle for replacing CV axles on the regular. The slip is in the shaft not the cup... they make a model for the 1500 series chevy. Anyhow its going to take at least a month before I get the axles, I have to send them one for an example, I may send him both but its not necessary. just the differences in shaft length. So I'm going to Order a cheap one on ebay and have it sent to them. They was wondering what kind of demand for these axles was. I'm sure if the price is resonable it'll sale. The 1500 sale for $495 apeice, pretty pricey! But worth it. Anyhow I'm instructed to be ROUGH on the prototypes.
Its time to get the most out of your 2inch kit!!! I JUST WANTED TO GET EVERYONE EXCITED!!

Last edited by burningsun; 06-11-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

i would imagine the s-series axles will be close to the same price as the fullsize so after you buy the 2" suspension kit and the new axles from this company the total cost will be about $1500-1800 and for that price you mine as well step up to a 5" or 6" suspension lift. so if these new axles due infact cure the cv's woes i highly doubt anyone will pay this much money for 2" of lift.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 PM

I see your point but the good thing about THESE AXLES could be usefull for everyone with a blazer that would like to have more than stock suspension trave I would have done the 6 inch kit if it was just for the tires. But again the weak link is still the cv axles.. In therory a person could get the 6 inch fit kit and use the 2 lift upper control arms to get 8 inches. Anyhow It is an AXLE UPGRADE.... I never put this kit on because of the cost or that I would put it on and not have to worry that it'll break. I know things break when you 4x4. Yes they do cost a little chunk.. But now I'll be able to let the front tires loose contact with the ground with confidence. AXLE UPGRADE is the key, I am instructed to really give these prototype hell.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 PM

BTW OE axles can cost as much as 250 at the local parts stores.. So twice the money for an upgrade for all blazers with 2 inch or 6 inch or no lift.... That will allow for all the suspension travel we can throw at them.. I'm sold!!! I drive mine like a prerunner so front travel is super important. And having the 4x4 is great for confidence in crazy conditions.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just a point of clarification here... You are not going to get "more than stock suspension travel" by changing out your CV shafts. Your control arms will still only go so far before they bottom.

Kind of a steep price as stated.. If someone were to couple longer CV shafts with longer upper and lower control arms, now then you would have more suspension travel and more lift!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 AM

I don't know if anyone here has actually compared the rough country control arms with stock... They are Longer...... they do allow for more travel... You can tell the front end has a wider track now as is noticed when you look at it. Which is also one of the reasons the tire will catch the top of the fender... And which is another reason the axles get in a bind.. With stock arms , travel is limited by the ball joints, not the case anymore.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, 1/2" longer to be precise. 1/2" is enough to be able to correct the alignment issues, but not enough to make a measurable difference in suspension travel. Your lower ball joint angle is still practically the same.

But I digress. At least you are satisfied with them.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 PM

I guess I could even have some lower control arms made that have a better ball joint angle. Right now travel is limited by axle and bumpstop.. When I get these axles in I'm going to trim my bumstop so to allow for a little more travel. But not too much that it starts to max out the ball joint angles. Just increase the downward travel. not to crank it up higher.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

digress?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:14 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blazinloud
digress?
lol
Digress : \dī-ˈgres\ intransitive verb : to turn aside especially from the main subject of attention or course of argument

aka: GOING OFF TOPIC