Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2005 Blazer/Jimmy lift options

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Damage Inc is on a distinguished road
Default 2005 Blazer/Jimmy lift options

Hi,
I am new to the site and after a bit of searching have not been able to find confirmation that the Rough Country 266N 2" suspension lift and the PA 152 body lift will fit my 2005 2Dr 4wd S15 Jimmy (non ZR2).

Anyone out there installed either of these lifts successfully on a 2005? I have read that 2003 (which is listed for those part numbers) is the same all the way to 2005.

The Rough Country 1-800 tech line said the 266N would not due to differing torsion bars sizes from the 2003, resulting in too much lift and that the new control arms were different also but I think the whole 2005 Canadian thing threw him off a bit and he may have been think "Trailblazer" ... I would think they should know there product though so maybe he's right.

I am only trying to squeeze 31s under it so maybe the body lift will be enough.

Thanks for any help,
Ian Ramage

Old 04-24-2009, 12:47 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the body lift will be enough to run the 31's and as far as i know that lift kit should work on ur 05

Old 04-24-2009, 01:02 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

also in my opinion i would stay away from the 2" susp. lifts the new keys they come with create to severe of an angle for the cv's youll be better off cranking ur TB's 1.5" (safe limit) and getting shackles for the rear, this combined with a body lift and youll clear 31's with absolutly no problems.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 AM

Great advice mikeinwi. Sounds like a more cost effective way to go also.

Will the stock shocks be long enough anfter the crank and shackles?

Cheers,
Ian

Old 04-25-2009, 10:56 PM

yea the stock shocks will be plenty long enough.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 PM

Well, the PA152 2" body is in. 95% fit for my 2005. The 5% that wasn't took about twice as long to install as the rest of the kit but it's in none the less.

Fuel filler neck was close enough in matching the supplied extension hose diameter for me to go ahead and cut it but not close enough to fit... 2 hours of dremeling the inside of the hose and then heating in boiling water it fit... May not last forever but it's good for now and I'll keep an eye on it.

Wheels, 17" AR882 Phantoms and 245/70-R17 (30.5") are on they way.

Might have to loose the 'mud flaps' even with another 1.5" t-bar crank and shackles but we'll see...

Now what about some nerf bars to cover up the frame rails a bit? Will need modding to match the body lift but I'm getting used to that.

Ian

Attached Thumbnails 2005 Blazer/Jimmy lift options-img00025.jpg   2005 Blazer/Jimmy lift options-mar8827.jpg  
Old 05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Damage Inc

Now what about some nerf bars to cover up the frame rails a bit? Will need modding to match the body lift but I'm getting used to that.

Ian
With the nerf bars I had, I found that they were pretty close to the body.. A body lift would leave the nerf bars down at normal height so there would be more space between the bars and the body. Might look strange but they would probably be more effective at a lower position. Although, I don't have any experience with a body lift (yet )

Mine were Westin Brand

Old 05-26-2009, 02:29 PM

Matt,
Nice truck BTW.

I checked the Westin website and there does not seem to be an installation diagram for the 2dr S10/15 Blazer/Jimmy. Most of the other models show a bracket to be installed underneath the frame at the body mount that the nerf bar attaches to.

Is this how yours were installed and if so do you think there was any room to relocate the nerf bar attachment holes 1 or 2" higher on those brackets by re-drilling a new hole?

I just don't want too much of a gap between the body and the bar. Also, I hear you about a lower bar offering more protection but it may also get hung up more easily.

Cheers,
Ian