Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2024, 09:34 AM
aidenumber07@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Body lift

I am trying to add a body lift to my 02 Chevy blazer Ls and am wondering if anyone knows if this is a reliable kit?

Zone 2" Body Lift Kit | 1998-2004 S-Series Blazer/Jimmy
ZONC9211

Old 05-28-2024, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Looks to have everything needed but i can't say if it is reliable or not. I put a BDS kit on my Blazer about 15 years ago and have had no problems. It is pretty straight forward to install, but takes pretty much a whole day. The one part that can be a major PITA is getting the body bolts out due to corrosion and years of driving through all the crap on the roads over the years. Make sure you have something capable of lifting the body (one side at a time). The reason it takes so long is because there is some much stuff that needs to be removed/refastened. Take your time, have some help if you can find someone, read the instructions before, during, and after to ensure you do it right. Pack a lunch and leave the adult beverages in the fridge until after you are done. Double check everything before lifting the body and after you are done.

It is easy to do, but tedious. Any rust will make it a major PITA. Soak everything you can with your favorite flavor of penetrating oil, not WD-40. I used a high lift floor jack with a 2X4 on the rocker panel. Mine Blazer is 2d so only need one jack. Not so sure on a 4d. If you can, and it is still available, go to the BDS website and down load their instructions. From what I've heard, and told others, they have the clearest and easiest instructions out there.

Old 05-29-2024, 07:43 AM
aidenumber07@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice, I plan on most likely taking it to my uncle who has a lot of experience and used to own the car. Mine is a 2 door so I expect one jack to work.

thanks for all the help!!

Old 05-29-2024, 11:46 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I've had the the Zone Offroad body lift kit on my 02 Sonoma for about 7 years now with no issues. It seems like a pretty complete kit, and seems to me made with quality materials.

X2 on the advice AJBert gave. Plan on it taking a full day if you're just working by yourself with hand tools.

Here's a youtube walk through from a forum member on his 2000 Blazer installing a PA body lift. Different brand, but same steps required.