Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

can i fit 33's

Old 02-23-2014, 08:34 PM
chevyboy_1986 is on a distinguished road
Red face can i fit 33's

i have a 97 blazer with a 3" suspension and a 2" body lift. can i fit 33x12.5x15 tires

Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Sure but you won't be able to turn your wheels without rubbing. If you put those on you'd better expect to be cutting a lot of fender material off both the front and back wheel wells and you'll probably be rubbing the frame pretty good depending on your rims. If you scale back slightly to a 33x10.5x15 you should be able to fit it ok. There's several memebers on here running those with a similar lift setup. Look up Blaz in the members section. He's running a similar setup and he and Jamaroon did a great how-to.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Default yeah i was afraid of that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-X-8-VISIO...INCH-19-.these are the rims im putting on. what do you think did i make the right choice.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:27 PM

i am really wanting to use these tires my boss is giving them to me. cant beat free. i am a father of 3 and living on only my in come so you can imagine money is pretty tight. im stuck between a rock and a hard place now i bought the lift kit and rims and if im reading this right i am not going to like what im going to have to do just to use these tires i understand the front having to be trimmed up but the back i dont understand. im new at lifted 4x4's so any help will be real big help

Old 02-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Jamaroon will become famous soon enoughJamaroon will become famous soon enough

You're going to have to trim a lot to get 33's to work with those wheels.

The wheels will stick out 3.25" further than stock, plus the extra width of the tire above that. ~1.5" would be close to flush with the fenders.

Here's the thread EB was talking about.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-...er-pics-71189/

Last edited by Jamaroon; 02-24-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chevyboy_1986 View Post
i am really wanting to use these tires my boss is giving them to me. cant beat free. i am a father of 3 and living on only my in come so you can imagine money is pretty tight. im stuck between a rock and a hard place now i bought the lift kit and rims and if im reading this right i am not going to like what im going to have to do just to use these tires i understand the front having to be trimmed up but the back i dont understand. im new at lifted 4x4's so any help will be real big help
I understand your situation. I'm in the exact same boat with 3 kids and a single income. It's one of the reasons gettting things done on my truck takes a really long time to complete.

Regarding the back needing trimming just remember that these trucks were designed for 28" tires. The wheel wells are not big enough to fit a 33" tire without opening them up a bit. The front is way more restrictive, especially at the back of the wheel well. The rear is a little bigger and only has to fit vertical travel of the tire, but it's still not big enough to tuck a 33" tire. I haven't modified my rear wheel wells but it's very close to rubbing when my suspension is flexed off-road with my 32" tires. I really need to do some trimming but it's going to have to wait for warmer weather since I don't have a garage.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 02-25-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:23 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Chevyboy....come on dude. And drop $2200 on a 5-6"
BDS or Superlift suspension kit....thos 33" will look real purty
Then...