Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Cost of Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Beginning Member
MikeB78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of Lift

I was looking for some opinions on something from some of you who have had shops install lifts for you. I want to know if you think this is a fair price or not the shop wants $2050 for 2" suspension lift, 2" Body lift black steel wheels, 31" tires and all Labor.

Also I see roughcountry.com has a 2" suspension lift for $429 is this any different than just cranking the T-bars and shackles or whatever in the back that I hear everyone talking about?

Again Thanks for the help.

Mike

Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Cost of Lift

i did installed my own body lift so im not sure on a price but that seems like a lot. They are fairly easy to do.

For suspension just crank the t-bars 1.5" and get shackles for the back

Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Does the shop guarantee their work for a certain number of miles or years? Suspension lifts (regardless of if its a kit or not) tend to put more strain on the CV shafts, ball joints and torsion bars. If their work is warrantied and it covers those parts, then later down the road if something does happen to your cv shafts/joints then they might repair it under warranty.

As far as the RC kit. It comes with new upper control arms (and upper balljoints). The control arms will help with wear and tear as far as the balljoints are concerned but the CV shafts will still be at a steeper angle (no way to fix that without longer CV shafts, or a lower front differential)

Old 02-18-2009, 08:08 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I know 4 Wheel Parts by me charges $500 for labor alone on a Blazer body lift install. The more I think about that price, it might not be too bad for everything including labor.

What rims and tires are you looking at?

And does anyone know where you order the BDS body lift from? I checked amazon and ebay, couldnt get any hits.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

And does anyone know where you order the BDS body lift from? I checked amazon and ebay, couldnt get any hits.
This store in Charlotte carries BDS:
TARHEEL 4 WHEEL DRIVE CENTER
5745 N TRYON STREET
CHARLOTTE, NC28213
704-598-1000
www.tarheel4wdcenter.com

Or you can order it online direct from BDS.

Are you looking for better pricing than buying direct?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

ORIGINAL: Blazin NC

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

This store in Charlotte carries BDS:
TARHEEL 4 WHEEL DRIVE CENTER
5745 N TRYON STREET
CHARLOTTE, NC28213
704-598-1000
www.tarheel4wdcenter.com

Or you can order it online direct from BDS.

Are you looking for better pricing than buying direct?

x2 on going through BDS, had good pricing and reasonable lead time for shipping.