First Gen lift kit - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

First Gen lift kit

Old 09-11-2018, 05:34 PM
DRLExpress is on a distinguished road
Default First Gen lift kit

I am looking at a first gen ('92) 4dr Blazer and was wanting to put a IFS lift kit on it. I can not find anybody that still makes them for the first gen, except Rough Country has the 2.5". I was looking for 4"-6", the ones that lower the diff. RC has 6" ones for the 2nd gen. what would be involved in making that work. I don't know the difference between the two.

Any other options?

Thanks
Doug

Old 09-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Tom A is on a distinguished road

Honestly, for what you would pay for a 6" IFS lift, and how much work you'd end up putting into it, you'd be pretty close to a budget solid front axle conversion. I would go that way.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:40 AM
DRLExpress is on a distinguished road

Yea, that is the other option. Ever time I think about it I change my mind back and forth. Right now I am leaning toward the SAS. Was wondering what the minimum lift I could do with the SAS. Most I see in all my reading on here are way more than 6".

Doug

Old 01-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Beginning Member
carlosblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DRLExpress View Post
Yea, that is the other option. Ever time I think about it I change my mind back and forth. Right now I am leaning toward the SAS. Was wondering what the minimum lift I could do with the SAS. Most I see in all my reading on here are way more than 6".

Doug
Hi, im in the same situation, the BDS or Superlift kit are around 2.000 USD. for that price you easily buy 2 XJ axles and then do a SAS. I think ill do a SAS in the future. For the other side, i dont want to do that kind of modification for my blazer and keep it as stock as possible but with a little lift, so the RC 2,5" is a perfect choice for me, i havent decided it yet.

I think that you can level it as you want maybe installing the axle over the leaf springs and also installing shackles. but i think the minimum lift will be 4-5". Maybe someone can help us with that, all the SAS lifts that i see, they install the axle at the bottom of the leaf springs, maybe if you install it over the leaf springs, you can lift it less.

Last edited by carlosblazer; 01-24-2019 at 01:07 PM.