Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Future Plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:14 PM
SuperRy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Future Plans

I have no idea where to start! Skimming through the posts here on suspension here I realized I know nothing about lifting. I'd like to raise my truck and put on some bigger tires, but I don't know what will effect my gas mileage in a bad way considering its my daily driver. Are there any speific sites anyone can reccomend to help me understand lifting? If not, can you answer me one thing, what the difference is between body lift and suspension lift?

Thankya.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Future Plans

body lift- lift teh body off the frame and a suspension lift use the suspension componet to get the lift.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly, lifting and bad gas mileage kind of go hand in hand. Larger tires, more wind resistance... more agressive tread, it all lowers gas mileage.

I get 13mpg city and 16mpg highway, which actually isn't that bad, considering.

Look through the list of mods i sent you (to get the ZR2 stance)and post any questions you have in here. You'll be a lifting pro in no time

Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Thanks Justin. Im looking forward to starting this project, and spending the rest of my money on gas this summer, haha. Do you think it'd be cheaper just to wait, sell, and buy a ZR2? Though I do want to modify this to get some experiance, but it does need to be stable because it's my daily driver.

Edit: I thumbed through your photobucket (hope ya don't mind). I found this and it's the exact look i'm going for, my blazers even silver. I'm looking up the list of mods you sent me.

[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 06-06-2007, 08:48 AM

That blazer is a ZR2 with a 2" BL, TONS of fender chopping, lift shackles, AAL's, T-bar crank,low bs wheels, and 35's! It rubs all over the place though. Definitely not a good setup IMO. The wheels in that picture are photoshopped on (they're my wheels on his blazer).

IF it's feasible... i would definitely recommend selling and getting a ZR2. The advantages the ZR2 package offers are more than just the lift, you get the flares, boxed frame, wider stance, larger rear end, bilstein shocks, and a lot more. I played around with modifying my last blazer for about 2 years and finally realized that it'd never be what i wanted it to be and still be legal. With the ZR2, I was starting off 3" higher... stock.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:02 PM

Hahaha, oh well that still looks badass. I looked at a few sites and had trouble finding one in Maryland, but it's something I want to look at. I should keep this truck for about a year and save up anyway. Could you reccomend any sites to find one near me? Seems like i'll probably end up shipping one.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:27 PM

www.autotrader.com
www.craigslist.com

They're all over the place really. Don't specifically search for ZR2's, as most dealers don't knowwhat aZR2 is, so they'll just list it as a2dr blazer.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:43 PM

I found three or four in MD, but most seem to be outside the state up towards PA. I think right now i'll do a little bit to the LS and wait for a ZR2. As soon as it gets out of the shop i'm gonna start ordering parts. I'll post the parts i'm odering and hopfully get some feedback (again, i'm new to suspension). Thanks for all the help Justin