Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

how much does a ZR2 have? tire/space = me question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

the "ride" in not great as the shocks are worn and im sure the t-bars are to but its so close without any push down that i dont think its the t bars being weak as much as the tires. my plan is to do a 2 or maybe 3 inch body lift and that would take care of the problem right? also will be putting my 1.25 inch spacers on the front after. with a body lift i should be good though right?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Starting Member

anyone have any suggestions for new shocks for my blazer with the t bars maxxed out, they would help the ride and rubbing to wouldnt they?

Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by butters
the "ride" in not great as the shocks are worn and im sure the t-bars are to but its so close without any push down that i dont think its the t bars being weak as much as the tires. my plan is to do a 2 or maybe 3 inch body lift and that would take care of the problem right? also will be putting my 1.25 inch spacers on the front after. with a body lift i should be good though right?
ok, regarding the first part, yes a body lift will help with the clearance issue. now regarding the 1.25 wheel spacers, why would you want to push the wheels farther out? and why only on the front?

Old 10-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Starting Member

no i will be putting my 2inch rear spacers on and my 1.25 for the front just didnt mention the rear. and because i want them to stick out more.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by butters
no i will be putting my 2inch rear spacers on and my 1.25 for the front just didnt mention the rear. and because i want them to stick out more.

you do realize two problems that you're making for yourself.
1. by using spacers, and putting the wheels farther out, you will be increasing the amount of contact that will occur between your tires and fenders.
2. by using spacers, you'll be increasing the chance of stud breakage on your axles/hubs. even if you use the longer and stronger racing approved studs, there is still the added strain of the greater distance that the studs have to hold the wheels on.
question? why not just buy wheels that have the right amount of off-set that you want? i know this requires spending money,and that you already have these wheels, but the added benifit of buying the correct parts, gives you the knowledge that your build is going to be safe.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Starting Member

i have ran wheel spacers for almost a year without a single problem whatso ever. so i will be using them again soon. i think if i do a 2 or 3inch body lift and the spacers im hopping everything will be okay, i hope haha

Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 PM
BF Guru

i've gotta ask, when you say "spacers", do you mean adapters in the same bolt pattern, or are you using longer studs with a 2" slug between the hub and rim?

Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

i believe you will still have rubbing issues with the offset you have with your rims.... even with a body lift.

unfortunately, i think it will only get worse up front no matter what you do if you put them further out with spacers.

i see no issue with spacers as far as safety goes, as long as you run hub centric spacers. i have some on the back.

Old 10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Starting Member

i have hub centric ones also. i will see what happens after the body lift.