Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

i need advice from anybody willing to give it

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

*clears throat* i'd still like to know WHY would you wanna jack up a 2wd...whats that going to achieve..except run your bank account dry..6 inches..yah thats pushing the safety of you and your truck over the edge IMO..hell even with my 2dr 4wd i wont go any further than 3 at most thats just rediculous..i know all about the sentiments in working on a truck with dad...i did with my first one and he passed away shortly after giving me as a b-day present..but you DO gotta think..do you want some thing that's going ot be dependable (4wd-being able to get you into and out of alost any thing thrown at you)..or are you gonna be the one walking 15 miles to town for a tow truck every couple weeks cause you got stuck in a couple inches of mud...i'm sure that would get old fast...just think..look at the truck and think..let those $$ symbols hit your eyes...how much is this gonna cost..and when that goes..whats that gonna cost...an older truck..might not be such a great idea..unless you can handle the financial burden it MAY become in the near..or not so near future...how many times can you rig some thing ot work..not having the right equipment and experience..?....sooner or later it MAY come back to bite you in the ***...and who knows...in 4 months you may be kicking it condemning it to hell b/c you didn't trade up for some thing more..capable,safe,reliable,and not such a financial burden...granted i know its a 99..*read it in 1 of the posts*...but they have thier limits too..and to push a 2wd to being a 4wd..just might be a huuuge mistake that could make it or break it..PERMANENTLY!! and then you're SOL for a truck, for money, amongst many other factors....sit and think...write out a list of..want to do..and NEED to do..if the need out weighs the want..yah..i think its time to hit a dealership to trade up

and yes i say "older truck"...i refer to almost all 2wd's as older..granted my 97 has been the financial burden..BUT with selling my 3 others to take care of this one..i'm financially able to spend $300 here, and $500 there...to kepe it running and in the best mechanical shape i possibly can!
just my opinion..granted it only means some thing to ME.

Last edited by MuddBunny84; 01-04-2010 at 08:21 AM.