Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Just want a small lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Beginning Member
AnCuth123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just want a small lift

I have a 2000 Blazer LT and was looking into raising it about 2", just to get the frame harder to bottom out. Now the things i am a little, i guess, confused about is the process of the t-bar raising. After you raise that to 1.5" what would you do then?

Any help would be great

As a side note I was looking at Wolfpack's blazer and would like an end result like that.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

im pretty sure hes got shackles along with the tb crank which should give you about 1.5-2in, but hes also got a body lift which wont make the frame less prone to bottoming out another option for lift would be the 2in suspension lift and i beleive theres a 6in and 5in also. if you dothe tb crank just turn the bolt until you reach the height ur after then get an alignment andu should begood to go.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
im pretty sure hes got shackles along with the tb crank which should give you about 1.5-2in, but hes also got a body lift which wont make the frame less prone to bottoming out another option for lift would be the 2in suspension lift and i beleive theres a 6in and 5in also. if you dothe tb crank just turn the bolt until you reach the height ur after then get an alignment andu should begood to go.
Yes but when you do a T bar crank you will also wear down our ball joints and cv shafts faster. So you will be replacing them more often. The only way a t bar crank wont effect lift of those parts is if your cranking them to restore the original ride height because the eventually start to sag a little.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if you only crank the bars enough to get the 1.5-2" youll be fine, its been discussed multiple times that a 1.5-2" crank is a safe amount of lift. u may see some pre-mature wear but its not like ur gonna be out every month replacing cv's and ball joints.