Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

leveling kit help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Ok, with that much of a lift then you probably won't need to trim, am I right shotgunn? Nice sig btw shotgunn.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road

ok thats good where can i get an alignment after i crank the tbar

Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Any wheel/tire shop, the dealer, brake shops, muffler shops, any garage really. I'd go to someone who does them frequently. You don't want your truck to be "practice" for someone lol.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Starting Member

k kool how much does it cost normaly

Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Beginning Member
vermillion2 is an unknown quantity at this point

An alignment should cost about $50, depends on the shop, but thats a good estimate. As for shackles, I personally wouldn't go with the ones from Advance Auto, they're cheap. I bought mine off of ebay and they're very solid and I got them for about $40. If you know a guy who is good at welding, get him to build you some up, wouldn't take long at all.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Starting Member

ok ty why do u need to get ur truck alighned after u crank the t bar?

Old 07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

its just always a good idea to get an alignment after you alter your front suspension.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Shotgunn99 is on a distinguished road

ya Im running 31s with the standard T-bar/shackles on my truck and I don't have any rubbing what so ever. Do the alignment right away because, it will kill your tires if you don't, and get vibrations at certain speeds.

oktain- ya the sig was done by a genius, love it

Last edited by Shotgunn99; 07-09-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:17 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jfutch101
ok ty why do u need to get ur truck alighned after u crank the t bar?
The torsion bar is attached to the lower control arm (LCA), adjusting it enough will push the LCA down which is what causes the lift. Naturally, the CV axle and upper control arm (UCA) will move downwards too.

Since the bases of the control arms are not on the same plane vertically, one is slightly longer than the other so that at the wheel hub, they are right on top of each other. Once you adjust them more than the stock angle they don't line up correctly and an alignment can help fix that.

I'm not sure where I found this picture but it illustrates it well, You can see how much of an angle the CV shafts are and you can also see the negative camber of the wheels. While it may not LOOK that bad, it will wear out the inside edge of your tires pretty quick

Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Starting Member

ok ty about the shackles where do they go and where can i find them cause i just went to 3 auto parts stores and they dont have shackles and i went to a truck store that sells parts to lift and lower and all and he says he doesnt stock em and that the shackles will lower the truck so whats the name and size i need to get for 1.5in tbar crank

Quick Reply: leveling kit help