Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

leveling kit help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road

ok so what will be wearing down and what will it look and sound like when it does

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

Im running into the issue where i cant crank my tb. there already cranked as far as they can go. i want to lift it,but i dont want a body lift an i cant afford the 5 or 6 in lifts so my only option would be the suspension lift right? anybody got any other opptions?

Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jfutch101
ok so what will be wearing down and what will it look and sound like when it does
Your CV SHAFTS will wear out faster than normal. On this youtube video, at 1:46 it shows what happens to CV shafts when pushed at an angle. Cranking your tbars (or installing a 2" rough country kit) will do that.

Originally Posted by tjwiens91@hotmail.co
Im running into the issue where i cant crank my tb. there already cranked as far as they can go. i want to lift it,but i dont want a body lift an i cant afford the 5 or 6 in lifts so my only option would be the suspension lift right? anybody got any other opptions?

Why can't you crank your tbars? Have you already cranked them all the way up?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road

ok ill watch the vid

Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 AM

Why can't you crank your tbars? Have you already cranked them all the way up?[/QUOTE]

I cant crank them because the previous owner must have had some work done on it. so now the bolts are almost in all the way i cant even get 3 turns out of them.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:17 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

cranking your tbars all the way up will destroy your cv's, any tbar crank will put added stress on the cv's and shorten their life span. unless you have the funds to constantly replace front end parts cranking the tbars all the way up is a horrible idea.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
cranking your tbars all the way up will destroy your cv's, any tbar crank will put added stress on the cv's and shorten their life span.
Thats why i dont want to crank the tbars. I guess theres no real way to lift my blazer unless i do a body lift, but i dont like how those look. so basically i either dont lift it at all or get a 5 to6 in. lift which i wont be able to afford for a long time

Old 07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you can do a 1.5" tbar crank it will cause accelerated wear with the cv's, but its a very common crank and seems to be a happy medium.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
you can do a 1.5" tbar crank it will cause accelerated wear with the cv's, but its a very common crank and seems to be a happy medium.
I cant crank them that much on the driver side i have 3 turns and the passenger i have 4.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:45 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

looking at your truck from the side... is the front end level with the rear? or is the front lower by ~1". Could be the previous owner has already cranked the T-bars (and would probably be the case if your truck sits level.). If that's the case, I wouldn't touch the T-Bar bolts, if you bottomed them out you're going to go through CV axles like a Peterbilt through a crowd of people.

Quick Reply: leveling kit help