Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lifted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:20 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sisk
It's got a 2" body lift from factory. You definitely have a ZR2. They come stock with 31x10.5

Exactly what I was looking up.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

It's got a 2" body lift from factory. You definitely have a ZR2. They come stock with 31x10.5
Its not a body lift its suspension from the factory.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Are you sure about that? I was pretty sure it was a body lift...

As per wiki (not that wiki is always right...but):

The following factory-installed features are what made the ZR2 standout from other 4x4 trucks offered in the S-Series class.
Ladder Type Frame with Modified Mounting Points
100mm wider track (3.9 inches wider than regular S-10)
Increased Ground Clearance (Approx 3" over Regular S-Series 4x4)
Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio
Larger wheel and axle bearings
31 x 10.50" BFG A/T Tires (Pickup), 31 x 10.50" BFG Longtrails (Blazer)
Fender Flares
Spectra Gray on the Chevrolet Models, despite body color. Body color on all GMC Models.
46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks
Rear Track Bar (Pickup), Front Anti-Sway Bar (Blazer)
Skid Plates [1]
Front/Rear Disc brakes (1998-2005) , Disc/Drum brakes (1994-1997)
Full Size Spare Tire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPO_ZR2

To me that says body lift...but I could be wrong. I've been wrong in the past lol.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member
Druubin is on a distinguished road

would this pose any problem if i wanted to but another 2" body lift on it?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yes...If it is a stock 2" body lift (which I'm pretty sure it is) you wouldn't want another BL on there. That would be 4" of Body lift. Although it's been done before it's pushing what is safe and what isn't. I wouldn't recommend anything above 2" of body lift, even though they do make 3" BL kits I personally wouldn't feel safe putting one of those on.
You can get an extra 2" by putting new (bigger) shackles on for ~$60 and then cranking your tbars in the front for equal lift. Plenty of info around the forum for this method of lifting including lots of pics and tutorials, just do some reading.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Check your RPO codes in your glove box. It will say ZR2. Def looks to be a ZR2. Congrats!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Beginning Member
Druubin is on a distinguished road

Yes...If it is a stock 2" body lift (which I'm pretty sure it is) you wouldn't want another BL on there. That would be 4" of Body lift. Although it's been done before it's pushing what is safe and what isn't. I wouldn't recommend anything above 2" of body lift, even though they do make 3" BL kits I personally wouldn't feel safe putting one of those on.
You can get an extra 2" by putting new (bigger) shackles on for ~$60 and then cranking your tbars in the front for equal lift. Plenty of info around the forum for this method of lifting including lots of pics and tutorials, just do some reading.
Good to know! I appreciate the help here guys