Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Highest a body can be lifted?

Old 12-31-2006, 01:16 AM
flyinbrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Highest a body can be lifted?

The tallest bodylift I have seen for the S-10 blazer is 2". My question is does anyone know what is the highest the body can be lifted without having to extend brake lines and transmission linkage and other "important" stuff. I know the fuel fill and fan shroud will have to be modified and new bumper mounts even with a 2", but if I extend it to 3" or 4" is there more involved than with the 2"other than getting taller pucks and bolts? ( I am working with a 01' 4dr 4wd 4.3 auto.)

Old 12-31-2006, 02:54 AM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Highest a body can be lifted?

i'm not sure on that, but i think it's 4.5-5". i know that's how low you can drop one without having to change all the crap out on it.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:57 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

if it were alright to lift it more than two inches without alot of excess work.... dont you think they would manufacture higher lifts?

Old 12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

3" is typically the biggest body lift you can get for legal and safety reasons.

What will have to be modified depends on your truck and how much lift you go with. Typically 2" is the max without too much trouble. 3" will typically require some modifications. electrical, fuel filler, steering, cooling lines, shift linkage, etc.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:41 PM
rescue51 is an unknown quantity at this point

97 blazer, how much trouble for 2 inch body lift?

Old 01-24-2007, 12:13 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site.
Not much, keep an eye out for strtched wires, hoses, and the like while you lift it up. Lift one side of the body at a time, passengers side, then drivers side.

the hardest part would be bolts that have rusted in place (8 body mount bolts), or the nuts they screw into break free from the body.

Edited: then agian, what I consider an easy job, may be a tough job for someone else. There isn't much I haven't fixed or replaced on a S10-Blazer. I would put a body lift in the same category as a brake job.