Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lifting it this weekend! Need last minute help/suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
cdp1250 is on a distinguished road
Default Lifting it this weekend! Need last minute help/suggestion

ok so im new here, and have a 2000 blazer 2d 4x4.

i bought a performance accessories 2" body lift, and rear shackles and well as spring helpers for the front. and plan on installing 33x12.5x15 on stock rims. crank the tbars and install a grill guard.

with the total lift being ~4" i should fit 33's with little trimming im told.

1.) how long does this normally take?
2.) i've tried searching tbar crank tutorial and the one on this site wont open correctly. do i need any aftermarket parts (torsion keys?)? and does anyone have another write up for torsion bar cranks?

any other tips/suggestions?

thanks
-Craig

Old 11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i did my body lift in a weekend. print put the directions from BDS suspension. They have a lot more detail. Rear shackles are pretty straight forward. Pull out the bolts and bolt the new shackle in. Sometimes hey are a pain. You may need to heat them up a bit. for tbar crank all you do is turn the bolts in. If i can remember right 1 full turn equals a quarter inch. I would recommend going above 1.5in if your able to go that far. depending on how much they are sagging. Ive never heard of spring helpers for the front. all there is for the front is tbar keys which are not necessary. If you plan on taking the truck offroad you are going to have to do a LOT of trimming. I have roughly 9in of lift and my 33x12.50s still catch the back of the front fender once in a while at full compression. When i had the same setup you are doing i rubbed the top pf the fender with 31s at full compression. If you have any more questions i will be glad to help.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmm....33x12.5 on only 4" of lift eh?
Pics if you get them to fit please. I'm curious to see how much trimming you will have to do. Oh, and Welcome to the forum

Old 11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
Hmm....33x12.5 on only 4" of lift eh?
Thats what im wondering. I wouldn't want you to have to hack up your fender too much

Old 11-20-2009, 05:54 AM
cdp1250 is on a distinguished road

its not going to see offroad too much, ive got a diesel for that! my buddy fit 31s on his with just a tbar crank and shackles no problems, so i figured id push it! if it doesnt work im sure that id have no problem trading for a smaller tire...

also where is the bolt you crank for the tbar?

do i have to have the front end up in the air with the tires off to crank the tbar?

spring helpers are just rubber inserts you put in the spring either for saggy springs, to stiffen up saggy springs, or use it to keep the spring fully decompressed.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:05 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

The bolts to crank your t-bars are located under drivers side and passenger side. And yes the front end should be up in the air when you crank your torsion bars. I'm interested in knowing where you plan on using the spring helpers since you don't have springs on your truck unless it's 2wd. The torsion bar is your front spring and the rear of your truck uses leaf springs.