Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

My 2" shackle lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
Red matched the stickers on my truck...That's about it lol. As for your second question, I assume you are asking if I had to crank the torsion bars. If so, then yes.
how many turns did you crank the front torsion bolts to get a 2" lift in the front?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

1 full turn on each of the T Bar bolts = approx. 1/4" of lift... you should search for the tutorial: How to T Bar Crank it has a lot more info.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it will be different depending on your springs though, I turned them only by full, then half turns, lowering it and doing a figure 8 before measuring bottom of the fender to TOP of the rim...should be slightly lower in the front than the rear. About an inch for me. Mine were something like 5 turns on one, and 6 1/2 on the other. (old springs)

Old 02-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Beginning Member
mike mtzr2 is on a distinguished road

paint the tow hooks only if you do the grill red that would look good

Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 PM

I found the stock shocks limited the spring droop by about an inch. I upgraded to a pair of ProComp ES3000's in the rear that are a but longer. Very happy with the results. In fact, I have a set of 4 brand new ones I am trying to unload as a result. (don't ask) lol.
hi, just curious, on those rear pro comp shocks, do you know if they have 1 way valving? like if you compress down the shock while its out of the car, will it stay compressed down by itself? and be easy to push down on but be very hard to pull apart? also can you measure your rear shackle bolt spacing from centerline to centerline to see how far apart the holes are? thanks

Old 02-14-2010, 02:15 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

The shocks stay compressed, and are resistant to compression and extension. I'll try and measure the shackles soon. If I don't forget lol.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 AM

Should be putting these on tomorrow. I will post some more pictures of the process

yeah these are the shackles i was asking you to measure centerline to centerline. it can still be done with the bolts in it. just measured center to center on the bolts. and also you mean those pro comp shocks are not hard to extend apart?

Last edited by bigdaddykane93; 02-14-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 AM
BF Veteran

Kane, I'm heading to work in a bit, I have the drawings for the ones I made & it has C/C for bolts holes, overall lenght etc. for both the stock ones & the ones I made. I'll post it in a couple hrs.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks great man! got me wanting to start my spring projects early

Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 PM
BF Veteran

Ok... I used 2" x 1/4" flat bar & 3" x 1 1/2" x 3/16" channel. Total length of the stock shackles was 6 1/2" so I made these 8 1/2"
& used the same bolt dimensions as stock. From the top it was 1 1/4" to center of the bolt & from the bottom was 1" to center.
Inbetween the bolt holes measured 4 1/4" so I made mine 6 1/4" inbetween & the ID between the flat bar is 3" but 3" 1/6" would
be ok too as they'll pull in a bit. The bolt holes are 9/16" & I used a drill press to drill through both sides at once after it was
welded & beburred so the holes were as straight & inline as possible, a very important step I think. Then it was off to get them
sandblasted, primed, powder coated & baked.

The photo shows the "top" of the shackle is on the top (notice the distance from the bolt holes to the ends).
They made the stock ones that way (more material above the bolt) because the suspension pushes up against the weight of the truck.
Makes sense to me anyway.

UPDATE: I just found this out, the distance from the center of the top bolt hole has to be at least 2 1/2" to
the top of the center brace.
And 2" from the center of the bottom bolt hole to the bottom of the center brace, this changes what material
you'll use as the center brace. Looks like I'll be modifying mine a bit

P.S. These were made for a 2002 Blazer, I'm not sure if the dimensions will be the same for other years.

Attached Thumbnails My 2" shackle lift-100_1006.jpg  

Last edited by Rottidog; 02-16-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: P.S. like small print in contracts lol & a FUBAR in dimensions

Quick Reply: My 2" shackle lift