Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

OEM Leaf Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member
EXKid is on a distinguished road
Default OEM Leaf Springs

Hi All.

I started the modifications to my 01 LT and started with the shackles and T-Bar. While I was under there I noticed a problem with my drivers side leaf spring. It's broke around the rear bushing. Need a new one. Anyone know a good place to get one aside from the dealer? I searched OEM leaf Spring on here and didn't come up with anything. I'm having a heck of a time finding anything online that isn't lift oriented.

Thanks

Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

there are spring shops scattered around. im lucky enough i have two within 15 minutes of me. but both those places usually only carry bigger stuff, usually for semis. one place does carry the rear springs for a k5 blazer though

Old 10-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Beginning Member
ddaw735 is on a distinguished road

I would try lmc.. but I found this site with google http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/products/Chevrolet_GMC_Light_Duty_Replacement_Leaf_Spring-1074-35.html

Last edited by ddaw735; 10-26-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough
Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks Everyone.

I think I've got enough here to get started. Pricey for sure.

Originally Posted by abig84
there are spring shops scattered around. im lucky enough i have two within 15 minutes of me. but both those places usually only carry bigger stuff, usually for semis. one place does carry the rear springs for a k5 blazer though
I found that the spring shops around here are in the same boat, only carrying more heavy duty stuff. Auto Zone tells me that they can't get them. Heard the same from Napa.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

how about a salvage yard, Here in Va, we have a great pick and pull place that has many blazers, I'm sure there must be somthing similar in your area that would be similar.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

I did mine and it was the best thing i did along with put coilovers in the rear. I hated taking down the gas tank though to get to the bolt for the leaf on the drivers side front, But only on 4 doors i think you have to do that

Old 11-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
how about a salvage yard, Here in Va, we have a great pick and pull place that has many blazers, I'm sure there must be somthing similar in your area that would be similar.

There is a pull-a-part here in charlotte too. They have a "no-jacks, no torches" policy which would make things tricky. The other day I was in Winston-Salem and went to a pull-it type junkyard, but didn't have the means to get them. Found a full rear spare tire carrier there, but I just picked one of those up, so I didn't need it. It was complete, functional and on the vehicle though. Not sure how much they'd want for it.

I almost scavenged a throttle body butterfly valve plate just so I could shave the halfmoon off of it to see if it would make a difference in power. Figured it would be an easy and cheap experiment, but I didn't have a torx bit with me (My mother in-laws tool box, since I was there for Thanksgiving).

I initially went to pull a PCM to swap for a core charge, but they didn't have an 01 and they looked different than mine. I think I'll go to the one here in Charlotte today if I have time.

I had a blast walking around there and looking at how things went together without having to tear mine down.