Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Rear shackle, but what to do up front?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Beginning Member
HigherPower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear shackle, but what to do up front?

What would you do up front in the case of raising up the front past what a 2" tbar lift would possibly do? I know you could do a tbar lift but at what price would you pay for wear and tear? Whats the alternate to make up what a 3" shackle in the rear would do without expense and diffuculty (if you notice my location, even milk is like gold and mechanics are worth platinum...)

I am thinking of a tbar and a corresponding shackle @ 1.5/2" but if I can get a bit more like 3" then what would I do to the front?

Thanks

Old 09-11-2011, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HigherPower
What would you do up front in the case of raising up the front past what a 2" tbar lift would possibly do? I know you could do a tbar lift but at what price would you pay for wear and tear? Whats the alternate to make up what a 3" shackle in the rear would do without expense and diffuculty (if you notice my location, even milk is like gold and mechanics are worth platinum...)

I am thinking of a tbar and a corresponding shackle @ 1.5/2" but if I can get a bit more like 3" then what would I do to the front?

Thanks

There's nothing really. At least, nothing that's cheap and simple. The stock control arms and axles can only handle about 1.5-2.5" (doesn't matter if it's new tbar keys or just a regular tbar crank). The only way to get more is to reposition the entire axle down. There are kits that come with all the brackets needed but they're all a 5" or 6" lift and cost $1000+ unless you can find a used one somewhere.

My suggestion would be to stick with 2" shackles to keep it level and then use a body lift to raise the whole truck up

Old 09-11-2011, 02:08 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I agree 1.5 inch tbar crank 2 inch shackle install then a decent body lift

Old 09-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Beginning Member
HigherPower is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what I was afraid of...I really don't want to do a body lift, at least right off I will stick to the Tbar/shackle lift for now. I put 30x9.5's on stock rims and they rub a little (not under normal driving though) so I'm hoping the 2" will give me the clearance I need so I can go off road and not have it rubbing as bad.

I will post the series of pics I have for the build. The front end was rebuilt after an accident and then once I got into it this summer I was waiting on parts to be shipped up here to the middle of no where and found my self fixing and restoring other things.

Last edited by HigherPower; 09-12-2011 at 01:32 AM.