Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Shackles

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:56 AM
BlackBeast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shackles

Can someone tell me where I can find/buy some new 1.5"-2" lifting shackles for my blazer?
Links would be helpful.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Shackles

4 Wheel Parts.

Just click my link and then enter your vehicle info.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:50 PM

I actuallyjust found some off synergy offroad.Correct me if I'm wrong but onyour Blazer you've cranked your tbars 1.5" with shackles in the rear and then a 2" BL correct? What's your rim backspacing? Finally do you have pics you post of your blazer so I could see how it as apposed to a stock set-up?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Last I checked synergy was out of stock, but yea synergy would definitely be a 1st choice over 4WP!

And yep I've got 1.5' crank with 2' shackles, and then a 2' BL on top of that. Rims are 4.5' backspacing, and because of that, even with my ~4' of lift + trimming, I still rub offroad. My sig pic is before the BL.

As for pics, the most current pic I've got is:

and the only pic I can find of me close to stock is:

Old 11-30-2008, 11:53 PM

Yeah they are out but I book marked them so I'm gonna keep watching for them to get back in stock.

Nice that's what I planned on doing, I cranked the tbars up to 1.5" today and damn is it raked! I need shackles asap ha. Eventually I want to do to a 2" BL as well so pretty much how you have it set up right now. I have 4 inch backspacing on my rims and 31" BFG A/T's that I'm hoping to mount on there by the weekend.

Thanks for the pics, I just wanted to see how bad a** it looks like with that set up. I'm diggin' the mud/weeds hanging from the frame in the pic, Nice work!

Also did you feel/recognize a difference in driving when you just had the tbars cranked and the shackles out back?
You said you still have problems with rubbing when off road do you think I'll have this problem as mine will be more of a daily rather then off roading.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:29 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks

And yea you can definitely notice the ride change with the tbar crank. I like the change though..the ride is stiffer and it pretty much killed all the body roll (Mines a DD as well), no real change with the shackles.

As for your tires, you might rub a little up front, but you should be fine for most DD situations. The trouble spots are full lock turns + suspension compression (driveways, braking in a turn). Worst case you might have to finesse the bottom of the wheel well a little untill you get the body lift.

Get some pics though!

Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 AM

Yep

That's cool I was hoping for some kind of change.

Ic, I took the diameter of my old ones (I wanna say 235/70/15) which was somewhere like 29.5 and the BFG's were like 30.7 so just a little more then an inch. I took off the front mud guards as well for a little extra clearance. Yeah it might be after christmas or so until I get that so.

But yeah I definitely will I'll get one today of it with just the tbar crank and keep you posted on what's going on with it.