Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

START HERE - lift kit list

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
The skid plates will fit on the 2.5 RC kit. I'm running mine without a problem. As per it fixing the sag, I'm not too sure. I installed an add a leaf before I installed my kit. But now my *** end sits higher then the front. So I'm debating on installing stock shackle ends to bring it back down.

I heard from a bunch of other people on another forum that RC kits aren't worth it so I had a 3 inch body lift kit from RC Brown at www.4crawler.com. Was a helluva lot cheaper than the RC kit too for something that's basically being custom fabbed.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
I heard from a bunch of other people on another forum that RC kits aren't worth it so I had a 3 inch body lift kit from RC Brown at www.4crawler.com. Was a helluva lot cheaper than the RC kit too for something that's basically being custom fabbed.
The RC 2.5" lift kit is for the suspension. A suspension lift is a very different thing to a body lift. For a body lift, spacers are placed between the body and the frame to raise the body relative to the frame. This might be useful for installing larger tires but it does not change the geometry or clearance of the suspension system. Comparing body-lifts to suspension-lifts is literally comparing apples to oranges.

Was the lift from 4crawler.com a body lift or a suspension lift?

Old 08-04-2019, 07:08 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
The RC 2.5" lift kit is for the suspension. A suspension lift is a very different thing to a body lift. For a body lift, spacers are placed between the body and the frame to raise the body relative to the frame. This might be useful for installing larger tires but it does not change the geometry or clearance of the suspension system. Comparing body-lifts to suspension-lifts is literally comparing apples to oranges.

Was the lift from 4crawler.com a body lift or a suspension lift?
I know the differences between the two, perhaps I should have said I opted for a body lift instead of a suspension lift. I couldn't find any other suspension lift kits for the Blazer that weren't RCs and too many people telling me RC kits sucked made me change routes.

Old 05-17-2020, 10:09 AM
Beginning Member
Kocapuff is on a distinguished road

Hello. I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer, 4 door, 4WD. I am going to do a "custom" 3 inch body lift on it and purchased a 1st Generation Blazer inch body lift as the main parts. I purchased 2 more 2 inch diameter and 2 inch length blocks for the front bumper location to have 4 total. That is correct size and amount correct?

I have to buy some square channel to make new TOW HOOK Re-location Brackets for the 3 inch body lift. What size square channel in inches do I need? 2 inch? 3 inch?

Does anyone know does the steep gas tank filler extension that the 1st Gen 3 inch lift comes with, does will it work on my 1998 blazer? Do I need to purchase another 2 inch diameter 4 linch long rubber Gas tube hose also?

Can anyone please help me on answering my question please? Thank you!

Old 05-17-2020, 10:44 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

If you're doing a 3-inch lift. all blocks, spacers. etc. will need to be 3" tall. That includes the ones for the bumpers and tow hooks. I don't know why you bought 2" diameter by 2" high spacers instead of 2x3. I'm sure you will need to extend the fuel filler hose, and maybe have to finesse the steering column into place. Don't forget things like the brake lines and radiator shroud, too. There's a reason the kits come with so many parts.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:07 AM
Beginning Member
Kocapuff is on a distinguished road

I purchased the 3" long by 2 inch additional blocks to lift the front bumper. Yes I understand I have to make all the steel ground extensions, straps, back bumper 3 inch extension, etc. I have a picture of a 2 inch body lift components and the instructions, so I just use them as reference to what I need. I just need the other questions answered above, I understand all the blocks are the same height. I also purchased 3 inch blocks to put under the custom rear axle bumper stops that I have, that are red polyurethane from Energy suspension. It is interesting that in the Zone 2 inch lift instructions it talks about the steering column lowering the bolt holes if you have binding in the steering wheel. Thanks for the info.

I don't think the tow hook might have to get attached to the top of the frame because 3 inches is near the top of the frame front. I need to pull off the bumper to see. If anyone on here has done a custom 3 inch body lift on their 2nd generation Blazer please give some insights on what you did to make and modify. Thank you.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:57 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, this thread had gotten off track from its original purpose.

*THREAD CLOSED*