Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

START HERE - lift kit list

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nit8690
I heard that cranking the t bars is bad on your suspension...
What do you think the 2 inch suspension lift does? It allows you to "crank" or load the torsion bars even more than the factory keys allow. Almost everyone that does that lift complains about not being able to get an alignment afterwards worth anything. The t-bar lift under 1.5 inch is fine. That's what the t-bars are for is adjustment to compensate for the front sagging over the years. So a slight adjustment in the 1.5 inch range is fine.

Now if you turn the adjuster bolt as far as it will go and raise it something like 3 inches, yeah you can kiss your front end goodbye. I've seen the aftermath of people doing that and it aint pretty. If you do either method. Just keep an eye on your cv boot angles and the camber of your tires while you adjust the preload of the keys. Afterwards just keep an eye on your cv boot/shaft angles and watch your tread to keep sure your not out of alingment.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

If I do a 1.5" torsion with 2" shackles on a 100% stock truck, would that be all I would need to achieve that lift? Or, would I need to extend anything by way of wires, hoses, steering knuckle, drive shafts? Thanks

Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 AM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

I just cant decide what would be the best way to go for a lift kit on my truck. For that small of a truck I dont want anything exessive. but it just sounds like you have to go that way or not at all. i jsut dont know...maybe I should just be smart and turn my back on a lift kit...idk grr this is frusterating

Old 06-05-2010, 04:03 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah nothing is simple when it comes to blazers and lifting. Although with a 2nd gen I feel a 2 inch body lift and shackles and a Tbar tweak looks great and clears 31's fine. And like you said these are small trucks, you don't need huge lifts or insane tires to get around.

Try out a shackle lift and torsion bar crank. If you like the feel and wan't more go with a body lift. If you don't care for it, sale the lift shackles. Bolt your old shackle back on and only be out a few bucks.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:58 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

it does eat through tires if you don't have it perfect

Old 06-05-2010, 08:32 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

Idk I am kinda liking a bigger look but i just dont know. I was kinda looking into maybe getting the super lift 6 in with some 32 or 33s. I saw a pic of a blazer I really liked with that. I go tlooking at them more the intrustions are depressing...no pictures haha plus the cutting and welding stuff which I am not that good at. my only question fif anyone knows is I am looking at superlifts website and it has me confused. it almost lookes like they have 6 different 6 in lifts which doesnt make sense me to...I will call them and ask...i need to know how much money I will be into this. pry just wait til I run another set of tires or two down before I do this

Old 06-06-2010, 02:53 PM
allenhopson is on a distinguished road
Default upgrade

I have a 2000 S-10 Blazer 4x4 LS and what i would really like to know is how to fix the rear end sag and add four inches of lift preferably without having too much body lift lift thanks.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Beginning Member
jjsmith1228 is on a distinguished road

hey guy am new with all this i just have to ask something hope someone will help me out now i know its a lot of thing that make u lose gas mileage when u lift a truck but ppl tell me it all deepens on the truck i have a 2000 s10 blazer 2 dr and if so could u give me some info on it and what i can do to get batter gas mileage back thanks

Old 06-06-2010, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

not much you can do to get better gas millage. best I get is maybe 16 mpg on the highway my average is 13-15 depending on how much highway driving I'm doing. The bigger the tires and the higher you are the more power your truck needs to turn the wheels and push through the wind because it will be less aerodynamic it will be. you could buy a performance chip that might help the mpg a little but probably not a whole lot.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member
jjsmith1228 is on a distinguished road

well am putting 6'' lift and 33'' tires i got every thing not now i hear is makes it relly bad on gas ans nowi its like should i or not

Quick Reply: START HERE - lift kit list