Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Trailmaster lift NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Post some pics of your progress so far.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony991
The back is gonna take me a while cause I still have to buy and install 4.56 gears.
^That's what I meant Tony. The gear swap shouldn't take but an afternoon and the leaf spring flip about the same. Seemed weird that the rear would take a while. I thought you were insinuating you couldn't drive it without swapping out the ring and pinion set. Granted it would suck and you'd only get -3 mpg, it's still drivable. My mechanic did my 3.42 to 4.10 swap, changed axle bearings and one other thing in probley 8 hours. And that was with 3 runs to Napa/Advanced auto and lenthy breaks.

Glad that Trailmaster got back to you and got things movin' and shakin' agian. It'll all be worth it when it's done. Me and my blazer are still jealous... ha ha.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 07-16-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:57 AM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
^That's what I meant Tony. The gear swap shouldn't take but an afternoon and the leaf spring flip about the same. Seemed weird that the rear would take a while. I thought you were insinuating you couldn't drive it without swapping out the ring and pinion set. Granted it would suck and you'd only get -3 mpg, it's still drivable. My mechanic did my 3.42 to 4.10 swap, changed axle bearings and one other thing in probley 8 hours. And that was with 3 runs to Napa/Advanced auto and lenthy breaks.

Glad that Trailmaster got back to you and got things movin' and shakin' agian. It'll all be worth it when it's done. Me and my blazer are still jealous... ha ha.
Oh ok.. Well I'm gonna buy the gears in a few days(i just got the bill from the front set..ouch! lol.... So then it'll take 4-5 days to get here. Then im gonna take the rear end to a shop and have him regear it. He's real busy so he'll have it for a few days but he does a real nice job. He even painted the front diff for me. Then reinstalling the rear end will take like a half hour. So by a while i ment longer than it should take to do..

nj4x4blaze...
Right now, The truck looks like it does in the pictures in this thread. Only difference is the bolts are tightened up. Between calling Trailmaster, work and it being so hot I havent gotten alot done. But I'll keep this thread updated with pictures as I go.

And About the rear lift...I saw people with the Trailmaster SOA lift in the rear.(5" lift) and they also have 2" lift blocks/2" AAL.(On s10extremist) I was wondering If i would be able to lift the rear end 7" like they did? Or even 6" with a AAL.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:02 AM

Oh ok, got ya now

I don't see why you couldn't use add a leafs or blocks to lift it a bit more in the rear after the SOA job.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:15 AM

Driveshaft angles and what not lol
But they make the angled lift blocks to help with the angles of the driveshaft. So i was thinking of getting them..I just don't wanna break a U-joint or see splines on the driveshaft coming out of the back of the t-case. So if the yoke of the diff. is slightly pointing up it should correct the angles.. But i want other opinions on this first..

Right now I'm looking for tubular control arms cause i dont trust cut stock control arms.. I'm thinking of ordering them from rough country but idk how much thats gonna run me.
But if you know anyone with tubular arms that they don't need let me know lol

Last edited by tony991; 07-18-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:49 PM

That's true about the angles but I've seen and driven s10's with 4 inch non angled blocks used for lowering and not have a problem. My own blazer once had 3 inch non angled blocks and everything seemed fine. Most blocks are angled at 2 degrees if I remember right, from what I've seen.

If you want to get technical about the angles of blocks and the fact that add a leafs are a band-aid when used on old, weak leaf spring packs (lol). I'd get new leaf packs, but get them custom made and arched by a spring shop to obtain the amount of lift your seeking. Then you have no problems at all to worry about except the price. Plus this would cut down on install time. That's what I'd like to do in time. But yeah the angled blocks like you said would be a better thing to get just incase, espically for offroading.

If Rough Country is your only option, I'd do some searching on it. I've heard that the a arms in the 2 inch lift kit will work on higher inch lifts for the blazers also. If that's the case I'd see what Rough Country wants for just the a arms, then look up the cheapest price for the actual lift kit. Cause you could always sell the torsion bar keys AND a set of add a leafs or lift shackles you could sell and get some money back, plus you'd have the new A arms. But I'm not completly sure that they would work. I'd hate to think that they are the only place that makes aftermarket modified a arms for the blazers also. But that could be the case.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 PM

well here's super lift replacment control arms...
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/p...6&categoryId=3
Almost had a heart attack when i saw the price lol

I'm gonna call up rough country and see what their price is tomorrow.