Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Want a small lift...know nothing

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
rastaskater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Want a small lift...know nothing

what are the stock tires size?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

AH jeez...cheese and rice

Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

haha oh my..lets blame this one on the server delays..getting from post-email-repost..considering 4-5 of us are actively on this one

CONGRATS TO OTNIETDEHOOOO ON 1000TH POST!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:22 PM
rastaskater is an unknown quantity at this point

Por Que?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: cliro
ORIGINAL: otnietdehooo
it also comes with new upper control arms which arent all that necessary.
they are necessary if you dont want the front end wear, changing the control arms fix the geometry of the front end to how it should be.

they might help reduce balljoint wear slightly but the cv angles will still be super inclined with or without the UCA's

Old 01-22-2008, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ok what about this. I get the Rough Country kit. I install everything, but I keep the factory torsion keys to keep from torquing the TBars too much (don't wanna snap a tbar or anything with a different key). Since theres no diff drop bracket, I'm still placing wear on CVs but not on balljoints since I've got the new UCAs? I don't like your use of 'super' inclined CVs in relation to the kit. Makes me nervous.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

maybe super isnt the right word. but they will be at a greater angle than if they were left alone. go look at the cv shafts. take a long ruler or some sort of straight line... line it up at the inner edge of the cv shaft and move the outer edge of the ruler down 2" (or however many inches you wanna crank the tbars) thats where the cv shafts will be...

i think balljoints are more of an issue than the cv shafts though. i guess i never really thought aboutthe rough countrycoming with new upper balljoints, but it makes sense...

i dont think i would spend any money on a 2" lift kit. either way you lift it, its going to create more wear (unless you drop the diff)

BODYLIFT FTW!

Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 AM
BF Veteran

well can you get a diff drop bracket for not much...or is that what makes the superlift/trailmaster kits so much money and require so much fabrication?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 AM
HeyYou is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

well can you get a diff drop bracket for not much...or is that what makes the superlift/trailmaster kits so much money and require so much fabrication?
Bingo! You win the Cigar! Dropping the front diff is not a cheap endeavor, and considering the loads placed on this particular component, the engineering is no small feat either, and that is indeed why the are hideously expensive.

Given the number of S trucks that use these axles in front, I am rather surprised that no one has come up with a modified design, that will operate at steeper angles..... Seems there would be a hell of a lot of demand for it. Or, if ya wanted to get REALLY weird, a narrowed front diff, and longer axles...... (thereby reducing operating angles.) Not sure how effective the second option would be. It would certainly not be cheap.