Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

94 s10 blazer fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
drummerdude is on a distinguished road
Default 94 s10 blazer fog lights

I have just finished installing a brush guard on my blazer, I now want to install a set of fog lights. I have a set that I took off another vehicle, and what I think is a relay. How do I wire these up? I have heard 3 methods. 1. wire direct to the battery in a circuit with a switch to break the circuit. 2. wire direct to the battery with a relay. 3. Tap into the low beams so the fogs go off when the hibeams are on. Any advantages to one or the other? The truck did not have stock fog lights. I have taken a fog light switch out of a blazer that did have fogs, but I do not know what wire goes to where. So if someone has a wiring diagram of this switch, that would be great.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'd recommend putting a switch in..that way you can turn them off if you need to.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM

Sorry I mis-spoke, I will be putting a switch in no matter how I wire them. but one would be direct power from the battery and the other would be from the low beams.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

don't even bother with the factory switch, i wasted my time removing the whole wiring harness for the switch, from a truck i was parting out. it was such a PITA!

you can buy wiring kits (without any lights) that have the relay & instructions on how to wire them up. just skip the "splice into LB wire" nonsense, just run power from a "IGN" source on your fuse panel. you can even run the lights without a relay, but it'll draw more power from your system, so stick with a relay set-up.

since you don't list where you're from, i can't tell you where to shop for the wiring kit, but i'm sure just about every parts supplier or aftermarket shop would be able to point you in the right direction.

GL.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 PM

I finally got some decent weather and got around to running some wires. Here's what I did.

Splice into low beam wire, ran to switch inside, then out to the relay. This is the terminal that activates the relay. Then ran the fog lights to ground and to the relay. Grounded the relay, and also the switch inside, since it is lighted and is needed to light. Lastly I need to run a final wire with fuse to my battery for power. My concern is where / how should I tap into the main power? Splice into it? Other options? I dont want to fry anything.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:26 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you can run power from your fuse panel (use one of the "IGN" spots).

trust me, you're gonna wish you had of listened to me earlier, about skipping the wiring into the LB side of the lights. never understood why they figure you don't need the fog/driving lights on when you're using the HB's too.

if you wanna run direct power for your lights, just take a large eyelet (?) from your electrical connector kit (yellow, big enough hole to fit over the battery lug thread) and install it under your positive terminal on your battery.

throw up some pic's when you're done.