Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

'95 Blazer, one light dim

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough
Default '95 Blazer, one light dim

I have a '95 Blazer LT. My passenger headlight is very dim when I turn on my headlights. The driver's side works fine, though. Also, when I turn on the headlights, the right turn signal indicator come on in the instrument cluster and stays lit. The right turn signal light on the front also is not lit when the headlights are turned on, however, the left one is.

I thought it might be a fuse/relay; I know that sometimes when one headlight fuse goes, there is a safety feature that will send a small amount of current to it anyway. I can't find any information about where the relay is located. None of the fuses in the fuse box are for headlights. I've checked in the relay box inside the glove box, but there are only two relays, and pulling either of them does nothing to the headlights.

Is there another relay box I'm missing, or what?

Thanks for any help. This is my first post to this forum, but I've been reading it for awhile, and have learned a lot about the 4wd toy, i.e. money pit I just bought.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
bromanjr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red
I have a '95 Blazer LT. My passenger headlight is very dim when I turn on my headlights. The driver's side works fine, though. Also, when I turn on the headlights, the right turn signal indicator come on in the instrument cluster and stays lit. The right turn signal light on the front also is not lit when the headlights are turned on, however, the left one is.

I thought it might be a fuse/relay; I know that sometimes when one headlight fuse goes, there is a safety feature that will send a small amount of current to it anyway. I can't find any information about where the relay is located. None of the fuses in the fuse box are for headlights. I've checked in the relay box inside the glove box, but there are only two relays, and pulling either of them does nothing to the headlights.

Is there another relay box I'm missing, or what?

Thanks for any help. This is my first post to this forum, but I've been reading it for awhile, and have learned a lot about the 4wd toy, i.e. money pit I just bought.

The Grounds for the lights on each side are grounded by a sheet metal bolt into the Radiator Support. The one for the passenger side is below the battery. Probably very corroded or broken.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks for the suggestion, haven't had a chance to look yet, but I'll check it out.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran

Well, it was the grounds. Only it wasn't that they were corroded, they just weren't attached to anything! I couldn't find the grounds anywhere around the core support, so I removed the battery and battery tray. There were two, both laying below the battery tray, unattached to anything. I pulled them to the side, and put the battery back in. Then, with the headlights on, I grounded them out. The light immediately brightened! I'll clean them up and bolt them to something. Thanks for the help!