Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

alarm goes off by itself all the time

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 PM
kennystorie is on a distinguished road
Default alarm goes off by itself all the time

i have a 2000 blazer LT .The alarm goes off all the time on its own and the keyless remote does not work and the auto illumination does not work and the interior globe light does not work unless u turn it on maually in other words it doesnt come on when door is opened.. what could be causing all of this?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sounds like your alarm system went poof or theres a short some where in the alarm

Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Starting Member
Bowtiefly is on a distinguished road
Default Reseting the door locks and alarm

Originally Posted by kennystorie
i have a 2000 blazer LT .The alarm goes off all the time on its own and the keyless remote does not work and the auto illumination does not work and the interior globe light does not work unless u turn it on maually in other words it doesnt come on when door is opened.. what could be causing all of this?
I was having this problem yesterday i have electric door locks and i found in my owners manual a way to reset this problem.
first put the key in the ingnition in the off position.
Next pull the turn signal toward you hold it there now turn the ignition on and off two times. after the second time release the turn signal.
after you release the turn signal you have 30 seconds to program the alarm and door locks Note the following steps are the choices you have and you can only do one at a time within 30 seconds of releasing the turn signal lever
A. All doors lock drivers door unlocks only press the lock side of the power lock once and then the unlock side once.
B. All doors lock and unlock. Press the lock side of the power lock switch once. And then press the unlock side twice.
C. All doors lock no doors unlock
Press the lock side of the power door lock switch once and the unlock side three times.
D. No doors lock no doors unlock ( Factory setting )
Press the lock side of the power lock switch once

I hope this helps it reset the alarm on my 2001 Zr2 blazer
I am not saying it will work i am only trying to help.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:16 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

It could also be a bad door switch. I had that problem on a 2000 bravada. So when its locked it will randomly think the door is being opened causing the alarm to go off

Old 07-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Default alarm goes off by itself all the time

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
sounds like your alarm system went poof or theres a short some where in the alarm
yhanks guys i will try to reprogram it first then i will replace the door switch if it dont work thanks again

Old 07-29-2011, 01:41 PM

thanks guys i will try your suggestions i hope 1 of them works.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Beginning Member
heartattack is on a distinguished road

kenny, did you have any luck with the alarm, just wondered as mine's doing the same.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Starting Member
jcervantes is on a distinguished road

I have a 99 blazer LT, the alarm goes off every time i lock it i tried everything, like taking off the lock controls and checking them and checking the fuses, a neighbor told me to disconnect the battery and connect it again tried it it didnt work so now i got my blazer going off int the middle of the night. I forgot to say that before all of this a big storm came around i wonder if water got in the electrical wiring