Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

battery issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:56 PM
terrivia is on a distinguished road
Exclamation battery issues

Why when i put a new battery in my 1995 chevy blazer my horn, inside lights, and hatchback don't work I know its not the fuse I changed it

Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 AM

Please i need help

Old 03-18-2011, 11:34 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Does it turn off when you insert the key in the ignition? Also, Have you tried reconnecting your battery and lock and unlock your drivers door with the key, also try locking and unlocking your tailgate with the key which should reset the alarm.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Default hey

I took the battery off and reconnect it still no inside lights ,horn, or tailgate I also tried what u said and no luck on any of it working another thing i can hear my inside lights senser click on like its working but its not

Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Those circuits are powered through a series of fusible links. From the battery, link G runs to the back of the alternator. F ties in there and runs to the junction block. From there, D powers the 4WD, PWR AUX, RDO BATT, STOP-HAZ, HORN/DM fuses and the PWR ACCY circuit breaker in the I/P fuse block. The HORN/DM fuse powers the horn, courtesy lamps & the liftgate along with the mirrors, cigarette lighter, and a few other things.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Default hey

What do i have to do to get this stuff to work this is really gettin on my nerves i need my hatchback to work. Please help

Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Umm.. Use some of the info posted. Get in there and test things!

Does the Horn/DM fuse have power? I know you said that you changed the fuse (and assuming that the replacement fuse was good and didn't blow), but if it isn't getting power the problem lies between it and the junction block & the HORN/DM fuse.

Does the rear window defog switch have power? If it does, then the HORN/DM fuse should also have power as the traces for this are internal to the fuse block. If that is the case, then your problem lies in the wiring from the fuse block to the splice packs which run out to the various components.

Have you traced power back from those components which do not work? Do you know how?

We have no way of knowing what your skill level is or what tools you have available to you. So just posting "I need help" or some other one liner with no further information isn't getting you any closer to fixing the problem. None of us can magically appear and fix it for you, it is up to you to provide clear, concise information so that we can better make suggestions on what to check.

Above all else, if you are really going to be working on your truck, you really should get a comprehensive service manual. Whether that be a factory manual or a subscription to AllDataDIY.com. If all else fails, a Haynes or Chiltons is better than nothing, but they are far from comprehensive.