Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Dome lights wont work normaly

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 10:28 AM
jesses99blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Dome lights wont work normaly

the dome lights in my blazer dont turn on when the doors are open so you have to use the override button, anyone know anything that might help me solve the problem? Thanks!

Old 11-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Beginning Member
carlosblazer is on a distinguished road

Do you try testing the door switches? maybe they are not working.

I have a similar problem, my dome light works properly but i have to release the fuse of the circuit because if i dont release it, my battery runs out if the blazer keeps turned off for more than 10 hours. if i turn it off at night, the other day my battery is dead. .

Hope you can fix your problem.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:56 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Door switches are common to go bad on these, but usually it causes the light to not turn off. But it's worth a shot to try and replace one or both. The passenger side one is pretty easy to get to after dropping the glove box down and out of the way. The driver's side one can be difficult to get out though just because it's hard to get your hand to it to get it released and out of it's hole...

Old 11-13-2018, 07:32 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jesses99blazer
the dome lights in my blazer dont turn on when the doors are open so you have to use the override button, anyone know anything that might help me solve the problem? Thanks!
AFAIK that button is pressed to prevent the dome lights from coming on (not to keep them on). Start the vehicle, open the door, and press the button to the position where the interior lights come on. Now shut the door. Do they go off? If so, normal operation. Your interior lights are operated through the BCM. If they aren't turning off when you think they should, just wait a bit.

Last edited by LesMyer; 11-13-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by LesMyer
AFAIK that button is pressed to prevent the dome lights from coming on (not to keep them on). Start the vehicle, open the door, and press the button to the position where the interior lights come on. Now shut the door. Do they go off? If so, normal operation. Your interior lights are operated through the BCM. If they aren't turning off when you think they should, just wait a bit.
Well, if the vehicle isnt running they shut off when the battery dies XD i once had the dash taken apart so the switch wasnt plugged in, i had been setting up a cb and an aftermarket radio all the doors were closed so the mosquitos wouldnt get in, the dome light never shut off for about 45 minuets untill i connected the light switch again and was able to use the override switch (i know i should have disconnected the battery to do this stuff but i didnt have a better light than the dome light at the time and it was dark out)

Old 11-13-2018, 10:22 AM

ill have to test the door switches this weekend, my dad borrowed the truck for the week so now ill have to wait