Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

DRL, AHL, Switches Oh My!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 PM
EricR is on a distinguished road
Default DRL, AHL, Switches Oh My!

So I am having a huge headache of a problem. My the illumination light in my headlight switch has been out for a while and I decided to replace the bulb. I took everything apart, unplugged it and put a new bulb in. Then I started having problems. At first my lights stayed on the whole time, both front and rear even when I put the switch in the off (O) position. Then I unplugged it and put it back in, the lights where off but then the daytime running lights weren't on. I'd switch the lights on, then off, and they would stay on. I tried pressing the dome override four times (nothing, odd it isn't Canadian spec). Checked fuses, all ok. Then I turned the lights off, turned the truck off, engaged the parking brake, turned truck on, turned lights on, and disengaged. Lights stayed on, both front and rear. Then I tried a few other variations of which included I believe turning the lights on then off and then disengaging the parking brake.

Either way what has ended up is the daytime running lights are now working. When I turn the light switch to on all the lights go on, I turn it off they go off but daytime running lights stay on. This is the way it should be. I am waiting for light tomorrow because I believe the AHL might have been messing with something but does anyone have any suggestions should the problem continue or happen again?

98 LT 4 Door