Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Led Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:53 PM
ZR2BO1 is on a distinguished road
Default Led Halo Headlights

Alright guys, I've got a challenge for ya.
First off, I'm new to the forum, so hello everyone. I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer ZR2 that I've owned for about 5 months now and I've been doing some work to it. I bought a cheap set of led halo headlights online, and they're dim as can be. So, out of curiosity, I took them apart, and wired them directly up a battery charger, and they're as bright as professional grade. Sidenote: The only reason I bought cheap ones is because really good companies like Oracle and Spyder either don't make headlights for my type of S10 Blazer, or they're just as cheap and crappy and have the same problems. Anyways, my main question is: if i took the positive wire from both halo wiring harnesses and wired them directly to my battery, do you think they would work as they are supposed to? Any help you can give would be great.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:49 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

I can't answer your wiring question, but Spyder DOES make Blazer headlights and they weren't bad when I had them. I'm saving up for a pair of Anzos though with an HID kit.

Edit: Welcome to the forums btw, there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:10 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

I know what I want for Christmas 😁

Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I'm going to give a set of brand new lights a true HID projector retrofit eventually... just finished a set for my wife's Elantra and now I'm itching to build a set for the Blazer.

55 watt HID's in these things, the high beams are no lie brighter than my high beams and LED light bars on... much better focus pattern...

maybe minus the pink glow for the Blazer though :P

Old 07-22-2018, 10:46 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Awesome!!

Old 07-22-2018, 11:05 PM
ZR2BO1 is on a distinguished road

So you guys are thinking to just ditch the knock-off's and go for an HID kit??

Old 07-23-2018, 08:18 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ZR2BO1
So you guys are thinking to just ditch the knock-off's and go for an HID kit??

I know people say it's a terrible idea, but I have just 35 watt 4300k HID replacement bulbs in my aftermarket clear lens headlights right now, without projectors or halos or any of that other crap, and the beam pattern is surprisingly pretty good, I've never gotten flashed or anything like that, and they work fairly well. The light output no where NEAR what a good true HID projector is going to be like, but they're better than stock and halogen bulbs in my opinion...

When I do projector retrofit them, I'm going to buy some brand new black inside (not smoked lens, but lights that the actual inside is blacked out) and use those instead of the all chrome ones I have on the truck now. Just an aesthetic choice I want to do the same with the tail lights too; I have all chrome ones on the truck right now, and between the headlights and tail lights, they're the only thing on the truck that's chrome and it's starting to rub off as a little "ricey" to me...