Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Marker Lights wont shut off at night

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 10:51 AM
KingKliq1 is on a distinguished road
Default Marker Lights wont shut off at night

I have a 95 Blazer LT 4x4! I drove the night before and everything was perfect. Yesterday I was outside doing some man chores, and when I came in it was starting to get dark. So i looked out the window a few minutes later and noticed that the marker lights were on, tail lights were on, the door Chim was going and the dash was lite up. So I went out and checked the switch it was off, so I started it, turned off and unhooked the battery. Went off with the battery but came back on when reconnected the battery. I pulled the relays out of the Glove box and still on. I pulled a few of the fuses out of the fuse box, Still on. So i decided to pull all the Fuses out of the box and still on. I have did all the basic stuff but now I am stumped, I can use any help with it I can get. I dont have a wiring diagram for it so not sure what to check next.

P.S. Also has a trailer plug installed not sure if it can do that.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:18 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Does the truck have an aftermarket alarm or remote starter? Those will be connected to the marker light system and could also be causing the lights to stay on if it is malfunctioning. That would explain why they stay on even if you pull the fuses.